[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition • View topic - Let's talk graphics MoM style (again).

Let's talk graphics MoM style (again).

Details about file formats, structure and contents in the original Master of Magic

Let's talk graphics MoM style (again).

Postby Lucern » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Lucern

Re: Let's talk graphics MoM style (again).

Postby Implode » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:58 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Lucern » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:17 am

Thanks so much for that very detailed answer Implode. :D

I have half of the graphics for a goblin spearman unit so far as a recoloration and adjustment of the halflings to get me started with a relatively easy one. After the first one and figuring out a few things with my graphics program, this is faster than I thought it would be. First one was like 45 minutes, then 2-3 for each of the others.

I also see what you mean in terms of the editor - I went straight to the graphics without looking at it, but I see now how to do virtually everything stats wise. It also reminded me that I need graphics for workers, farmers, and rebels for any race.

One more question for now: would it be foolish to make stats in the XML editor at this point? Will new releases of MOM IME negate that work, or does this not work that way?

In any case, I'll do a little to test the graphics out. I'll change the Orcs to look like goblins briefly. The first milestone will be getting a unit to show in game. The moment that happens, I'll post a link to an image here.
Lucern

Postby Implode » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Dyslexic Q-Thief » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:46 am

Dyslexic Q-Thief

Postby Implode » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:12 am

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Dyslexic Q-Thief » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:37 pm

Dyslexic Q-Thief

Postby Implode » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:15 am

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Lucern » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:14 am

Lucern

Postby Implode » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:22 am

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Implode » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Lucern » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Lucern

Postby Implode » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Lucern » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:26 pm

I have another question...I've got .bmps for a new unit, and I've added the registry string value detailed above, but I've looked several times and cannot see where one adds them to a unit within the graphics .xml editor. I'm assuming you use the "Default Master of Magic Graphics.xml for the path"

As a test, I was going to replace halfling spearman graphics with goblin spearman graphics, and I see the frames for the halflings, but I do not see where to actually change those.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lucern
Lucern

Postby Implode » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:10 am

Implode
Site Admin

Next

Return to Files and formats