[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition • View topic - Conversion to C#

Conversion to C#

Details about file formats, structure and contents in the original Master of Magic

Conversion to C#

Postby delcov » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:42 pm

I just stumbled upon your forums, and I commend you work. You seem to be making great strides in understanding and modifying the game.

I have, off and on for about 2 years now, considered an attempt to convert MoM from Delphi to C#, with some rewrite as necessary. I understand that it's not a simple undertaking, and I'm prepared to work through the challenges. Have you ever considered this sort of a port to C#? I've read about using DeDe to decompile the LBX files and executables, as well as Delphi-to-C# converters.

What are your thoughts on this? Have you been successful in decompiling event handlers and methods? Any advice? I'm fairly new to game programming, though I have stepped through a couple game programming books before and have frequented GameDev.net. I have several ideas for updating the game and expanding it with some new features.

Thanks,
delcov
delcov

Re: Conversion to C#

Postby Implode » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Re: Conversion to C#

Postby delcov » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:26 pm

I apologize, you are correct. It is not Delphi, it was originally written in Turbo/Borland Pascal. There is actually another website already doing a MoM.Net conversion, which I just discovered today.

Anyway, thx for the response, and good luck w/ your project.
delcov

Return to Files and formats