[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition • View topic - Master of Magic Re-revisited

Master of Magic Re-revisited

Details about file formats, structure and contents in the original Master of Magic

Re: Master of Magic Re-revisited

Postby Aureus » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Aureus

Postby zitro » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm glad you back your points well. It's good seeing you defend the issues I felt were unbalanced with reasons/examples why it would actually help with balance instead.

I haven't played with sorcery forever, so I don't remember that much the confusion's usefulness and that creature binding is about taking a chance. I also didn't even know that death makes others hate you more, and life like you more.

btw, is it possible to do something about the 11-book mages? It's extremely unbalanced with all colors (especially white/black) and now the others would be more due to the cheaper creatures. My suggestion is to pick 2 'uncommon' spells, but not the rare one ... if it can't be coded, then I don't know.

_I disagree with Great Wasting's high cost, but maybe I didn't use it to its fullest potential. Does it really make a huge difference? Isn't it better to just corrupt the cities you want and save the money for a couple of efreets?

_I also need to ask the difference of word of death and Death spell. From the description, it seems as if they're the same, but word of death is much more powerful. Then why is it cheaper and faster to research?

EDIT: getting anxious now :P
zitro

Postby Aureus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 am

Aureus

Postby zitro » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:35 am

zitro

Postby Aidan_Mclaren » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:46 am

Aidan_Mclaren

Editing the game

Postby schlechtj » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:33 pm

I see that a few people have been asking how to edit Master of Magic. Since MomHack has long been out of Googles reach and I never had it, I was getting tired of hex editing so I made a series of three programs. These allow you to edit Units, Racial attributes, building attributes and spell costs. Makes it easier for everyone. In addition, these programs should work fine with the unofficial 2.0 allowing you to roll back or make additional changes as you see fit. Let us know how it works out.

You can find them at www.dragonsword.com in the downloads section. Look for my name.

Thanks,
Joel Schlecht
schlechtj

Previous

Return to Files and formats