Original MoM data files for spells and units

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
Lupinedreams

Original MoM data files for spells and units

Post by Lupinedreams »

Yup, just eagerly getting our feet wet at this point, once I get more time with friends to really try it out I'll keep updating anything I find - if I don't update often it's because we're too busy thoroughly enjoying it.

One quick semi bug related question though: At this point IME is using all the original MoM data files for spells and units and such, right? So many of the spells still have their bugs? Haven't gotten a chance to actually test any of them much yet; once your editors are out I guess that will largely be a moot point anyway though.

Have fun with the birthday party!
Implode
Site Admin

Re: Original MoM data files for spells and units

Post by Implode »

Lupinedreams wrote:At this point IME is using all the original MoM data files for spells and units and such, right? So many of the spells still have their bugs?
Not really... all the spell, unit, building, race, etc. data is stored in XML files which are installed with MoM IME. The only thing the game uses the original LBX files for is the graphics.

However, I did generate the XML files from the original MoM data files, so depending on what kind of bugs you're talking about, perhaps there may still be problems. Although if you're talking about things like e.g. being able to cast Flame Blade on Chaos Channeled units overland but not in combat, when I'm finding things like that I'm fixing them. So if there's any particular bugged spells you know about, let me know and I'll check how they're set up.

Implode.