Is it compatible with 1024 x 780 screen resolution?

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
dmgod

Is it compatible with 1024 x 780 screen resolution?

Post by dmgod »

I've had problems running some games with my widescreen monitor. They work, but they display is wavy, like it's trying too hard. Different graphics drivers have lessened this effect, but not entirely. (Icewind Dale II gave me the same problem until I got the higher res working. Then I had to play the game squinting.) Is there a way to either get the game to go to the right resolution or to force my display to a different setting? I don't know too much about the technical whatnots... I'm just a gamer. Any help would be much appreciated.
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

All I can say to you, it's work fine in 1024x768
dmgod

hmm

Post by dmgod »

Looks fine when it's windowed, but gets wavy when I alt + enter it. It's probably a driver issue. Different Nvidia drivers seem to screw up different games in different ways. Hurray...
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

I'm not really sure sorry. I'm using a widescreen monitor too (24" Dell monitor 8) ) and when I hit alt-enter, it preserves the aspect ratio correctly by leaving black bars on the left & right. And I'm using a fairly cruddy old ATI Radeon 9000 chip in my laptop, with hacked driver files.

Eventually I plan to be able to choose the screen resolution to use when going full screen... but that's a LONG way off :)

Implode.
dmgod

Post by dmgod »

My monitor does an auto-config when I alt enter. When I play MoM through DOS it doesn't have the waviness to it, but the proportions are a little off. However, the way the windows version you made resizes the display, it looks like it's trying to show up with better detail. Any clue how I might force the monitor to use a different resolution, ie the black bars on either side?
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

I think that depends on your monitor/graphics card. My monitor has a setting on it where you can tell it, when using a mode like 640x480, whether to expand the image to fill the monitor (i.e. no black bars, and the aspect ratio is then incorrect), or preseve the aspect ratio. So I leave it set to preserve the aspect ratio, which gives the black bars on the side and it looks fine.

Sorry can't be of more help...

Implode.
Hammerhands

I

Post by Hammerhands »

i have no problem with monitor at 1280x1024
except if I hit exit to windows
I get a windows error

nothing critical just an error box