Problems/Bugs with my 2 PC

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
PDF

Problems/Bugs with my 2 PC

Post by PDF »

Hello
I just discovered this MoM "spawn" and was eager to play it ! Unfortunately I tried on 2 different machines and have problems with both , with current 0.8.8 version.
Those are 2 unconnected machine and every time I played on localhost.

On one PC I can launch the server and client, then join, but on the client theoriginal MoM graphics are all garbled and makes the game unplayable (eg in the city screen I cant' see a thing), plus it's very slow and "flickering"...And yes I correctly setup my MoM 1.31 path.
This one is a Pentium 2.6 Ghz or so, 1024 MB RAM with DX9 and all, running XP Pro.
On the other I can launch the server, then the client but when I connect the player is destroyed on the server the next instant then everything freeze (server+client) and become non-responding...This one is Athlon 2400 1 GB RAM and WinXP Family, latest patch.

Any ideas ? Any way to get logs unless using the debug version ?
Implode
Site Admin

Re: Problems/Bugs with my 2 PC

Post by Implode »

PDF wrote:On one PC I can launch the server and client, then join, but on the client theoriginal MoM graphics are all garbled and makes the game unplayable (eg in the city screen I cant' see a thing)
Do you actually see the background of the city screen? The reason I ask is because that's not original graphics. Presumably you can see all the initial menus when joining the game, if the graphics were that messed up you'd not be able to even join a game.

Can you email me a screenshot? Also, download & run this. Click the top button, this outputs a ton of info about your graphics card to the text box. Copy & paste this into an email too. Also try the two 'test' buttons and see if they report any errors.

http://www.roughseas.ca/momime/DirectXCapsReporter.zip
PDF wrote:On the other I can launch the server, then the client but when I connect the player is destroyed on the server the next instant then everything freeze (server+client) and become non-responding...This one is Athlon 2400 1 GB RAM and WinXP Family, latest patch.
Sounds weird... and yes that one sounds like something I'd need the debug logs to be able to investigate.
PDF wrote:Any ideas ? Any way to get logs unless using the debug version ?
No... I have to have separate debug versions (rather than just being able to do say /debug on the command line) because if you think the regular client runs slow :) The debug version is at least 4x-5x slower, it really is unplayable, and only useful for getting logs.

Implode.
PDF

Post by PDF »

Implode,
On the 1st machine : I have a proper menu and map, but the wizards portraits and the city screen are garbled.
I won't have access to this machine until monday, I'll post screenies then.

2nd machine : I'll dl and make run the debug versions. Still it'll be simpler to have only 1 version and debug flags (even for you !)

EDIT : damn, the dl link for debug version is dead ! Please make stg ! :!:

Thx for the help
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

PDF wrote:damn, the dl link for debug version is dead ! Please make stg
Yeah I thought it was, I never built a debug version for 0.8.8 because they're hardly ever needed... afraid you might have to wait for the next version for that :(

Sorry...
PDF

Post by PDF »

Well I'lll have to wait before being able to play so .. :cry:

Still it's strange that "my" player connection to server can't stay : I think the problem is client-wise - ie the client freezes so the server considers it dead.

On my client I have the initial menu, but when I "join" I never go to the next screen, it looks frozen except that the player name text box still responds (I can enter anything as text, but there's no buttons anymore to join or even quit !).
Techie mysteries ... :evil: