Midi problem

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
Aku

Midi problem

Post by Aku »

Hello, long time no see, right? ;)

I've tried the new version (0.9) and there's this problem with midi playing. The game tries to play it at the highest volume no matter what setting are set in the volume control. And when I change it during the game it still resets the volume whenever it plays a new song or loops the current one. Minor bug but quite annoying, especially when (like on my computer) sw synthesiser is much louder then wave so I always set the midi volume down.

But otherwise, keep up the good work! I hope that this project will be finished successfully one day. ;)
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Normally it saves the volume out to the registry so it remembers it for next time, but if you set it all the way to zero it doesn't, and then defaults back to the highest volume. So set it to a fraction above zero instead if you want to turn it off.

However... since you're saying it goes back to full volume even within the game when it changes track or loops, I doubt that's your problem. It probably just doesn't like your sound card. I know setting the music volume doesn't work at all on one of my sound cards.

Sorting this out properly will have to wait until I rewrite the sound and music players completely, which does need doing, but it'll be quite a while before I get around to it, lots more important to do first...

Sorry...

Implode.
Aku

Post by Aku »

No need to sorry. I'm just letting you know that there's a problem. I'm not saying that you need to fix it ASAP or something ;)

If I find more bugs I'll be back :P