No Save Game Feature = No Game

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
gregz

No Save Game Feature = No Game

Post by gregz »

Implode,

Maybe this project is still too beta to be playable, maybe that's why there's no save game feature implemented yet...to discourage fair-weather fans from clogging your forums and PM box.

I installed today, tried it out, and was delighted by the customizable map and rules options. I was so excited to finally see a working MoM clone that expanded features I wanted to see expanded(more heroes, more books, bigger maps)! The original game, a masterpiece, was released 15 years ago, and in all that time noone has managed to improve upon the original until now. But talk about the cockblock to end all cockblocks...I can't play my dream of a huge MoM campaign for weeks on end without living in fear of my computer crashing and taking my game with it! :roll:

This project, according to what I can see, has been in beta for at least 4 years now. I can't for the life of me understand why a save game feature hasn't been implemented after so much hard work and such a wonderful result! Maybe the code base is a mess, maybe it would take 6 months to write a save game feature, I have no idea, but without that feature, this isn't a game...it's a tease from hell. :(
Asfex

Re: No Save Game Feature = No Game

Post by Asfex »

I agree. No save game= no game.The net game can drop connect...
I newer start to learn the game without it even.
I think this project will finish newer.
gregz

Re: No Save Game Feature = No Game

Post by gregz »

I posted that over 6 months ago, and this project is still dead in the water.

For the life of me I can't understand how 4+ years of work hasn't been made available to other enthusiasts/programmers by Implode (is he still alive?)

This project had so much promise, it saddens me greatly to see so much good work go to waste. :cry: