Big post on 0.9.1 progress & future plans

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Implode wrote:So I'm now fairly certain of what will & won't be included in 0.9.1, and a reasonable date when I hope to have it released by. See here.
I've updated the list of what's in 0.9.1 again. But don't worry, for once I've added things to it rather than taking them out! Recent additions: Awareness (check out screenshots), Nature Awareness, Nature's Eye, grass in Myrror combats being the right colour, and bunches more fixes.

I've been the last probably 2 weeks sorting out combat and switching planes using Towers of Wizardry. Not only did the towers need a lot of work because of fog of war, but I found countless problems with them that were in earlier versions too but I hadn't discovered, so I've been finding & fixing these which has been taking quite a while. However that's all working now, so I'm starting to work on being able to attack cities, which is a pretty big job.

So on the plus side, I had expected to release 0.9.1 full of bugs I hadn't found (and specifically allowed for this, see the gap in between 0.9.1 & 0.9.2 in the version history), but now I think I've been finding most of the bugs so I expect 0.9.1 will actually be pretty stable. On the minus side, it means I'm having a few doubts whether it'll be done by May 26th or not - I'm still hopeful though :)

Implode.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

City combat works! (ignore the graphics and the fact that the fortress is outside the city!) which means the only big item I've got left to do is combat between two human players... can't predict whether that's going to be easy or difficult to do... and a number of loose ends to tidy up. So if 0.9.1 is not finished by next weekend, it should be very shortly afterwards.

Implode.
Warder

Post by Warder »

Good news! :)
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

Great !

Thanks again !!!
Lupinedreams

Post by Lupinedreams »

GLEE
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

damn.

at times like this, I'm so glad I got out of coding and went into the more softcore business analysis. I don't think I would be able to persevere like implode did.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Hah, the fact that my day job is now mostly design & architecture work and I spend probably <1% of my time actually coding is one of the big reasons I'm writing MoM IME. If I wasn't, I'd forget how to write programs :)
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

well I certainly have.

Yesterday I was reading a book on writing test scripts for QTP (which was mostly simple VB code, actually) and I was totally getting stumped.

It's been too long.