0.9.1 released

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Implode
Site Admin

0.9.1 released

Post by Implode »

And so... after 4½ months, I'm delighted and relieved to say, 0.9.1 is finished and is on the download page!

Its been WAY longer than I would have hoped, one reason MoM IME has been successful is I tried to stick to small incremental changes, and do a release every 6-8 weeks. However fog of war was such a fundemantal change to everything, there was no small incremental way to do it, I just had to slog through making all the changes in one go, so had probably 2-3 months where it wouldn't even compile.

But its done now :) A few words of caution:

1) You may have noticed (since 0.9.0 I think?) when you start up the client, there's a tiny message in grey text appears in the top left about "caching map smoothing rules" or something like that... It can't generate the map until this is finished. If you join a game and this is still running, its *supposed* to wait for it to finish and behave nicely, but one one of my PCs it crashes the game. So if you have trouble getting a game to start up, wait for the caching message to disappear before you pick your starting race. I will fix this in a later version.

2) I did want to include combat between human players in simultaneous turns games - making the combat scheduler (the scroll that tells you what combats you need to play) work for human/human combats was the last thing I wrote (only did it today in fact), so this much works. BUT I expect there's a bunch of situations that don't work well yet - such as if you try to attack a unit stack that moves out of the way, or you're innocently walking to an empty area, but a unit stack gets in the way and then suddenly there's a combat. So while it lets you do it, I don't recommend trying to play any serious simultaneous turns games with more than one player yet.

3) The French language file included is pretty old - Aggelon sent me a new one a week or so ago, but I've been so busy trying to get 0.9.1 finished I've not had a chance to even look at it yet. Over the next few weeks hopefully we'll get a French file for 0.9.1 done.

My parents are coming to visit for a week starting tommorow and my son will be 2 next week too, so there's a birthday party to plan :) So I won't get much of anything done next week (that's why I was desperately trying to get 0.9.1 finished today!) After that I'll be working on the editors, so it'll be a while before I start 0.9.2 (to be honest, after being at this since January, I just need a break from it for a few weeks). So if anyone finds any major bugs in 0.9.1, post them on the forum and I may fix them and I may do a version 0.9.1.1 containing purely bug fixes.

So... now we can kill each other, anyone fancy a game? :) Best way to find me is on MSN messenger (link next to my forum posts).

Implode.
Virm

Post by Virm »

Just so you know, as of the time of this post the download page still claims to have only 0.9.0 up. The file it links to is momime0.9.0.msi.

An attempt to manually grab a file momime0.9.1.msi (I assumed this would be the file name) retrieved an apparently valid file. I have not yet tried to install from it.

Just figured I'd let you know.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

You must have it cached, it looks fine to me? Anyone else having trouble?
Ste

Post by Ste »

No trouble here.
Virm

Post by Virm »

Yep, it was cached. I must be tired. That didn't even ocur to me.
Lupinedreams

Post by Lupinedreams »

I don't use MSN but I'd love a game.