Final Version

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Vert

Final Version

Post by Vert »

Hello,

First of all i want to say that i really appreciate this project and what i played yet was awesome. Your game doesn't just make multiplayer possible - every MoM fan will love you for this - but it has much room for improvements of the original game too.

My question now is if it is possible to say when the final version will be finished approximately.

Do you work single or with an online team? I would also like to offer my help but my pc skills won't help you at all. Also in testing i can do little but maybe with general fantasy knowlege or even the german translation (my native language).

This forum could use more reader too so you can collect more "professional" opinions on balancing, improvement, etc. Maybe you should consider doing some advertising in other fan forums (like abandonia for example).

I am looking forward to make huge multiplayer sessions and epic campaigns for world domination.

So good luck with your work and keep on like that!

Vertatus
Richrf

Post by Richrf »

Actually if you ask me, MOM IME is more a boon for Single player than MP!!

I don't play much MP but just by adding all the possible configuration options, improved interface, bug removal, he just created a totally new game really.

But I wouldn't ask him when the final 1.0? version is out, you will just jinx it.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Since its 0.9.1 now, 1.0 will be 9 versions from now. There's nothing whatsoever to say that 1.0 will be "finished", e.g. its highly unlikely that all the spells and unit skills will work in 1.0. As long as by 1.0 you can have a decent, stable, enjoyable game against both AI and human players in both one at a time or simultaneous turns games... whether every single little detail has been done, I don't really care :)

Besides, what does "finished" mean anyway... there'll always be extra things to tweak, improvements to add, new ideas, etc. etc. :)

And BTW, I've no idea when 1.0 will be out. I can only predict about 2-4 months ahead. Right now I've got 0.9.2 pretty well planned out but that's it, I've not given any thought whatsoever on what to tackle after that.
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

really, is it possible to ever truly "Finish" a project like this? There will always be room for more improvement.
kavar

is there any need for contributions?

Post by kavar »

are you looking for help in some of this stuff?
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Currently its all in Delphi 7. By the end of 2007 I hope to have moved the server to Java. I don't plan to move the client to Java unless someone can give me some pretty extensive ideas about a suitable Java 2D graphics API that'd be fast enough for the job.

So... if you think you could help, I'm not going to refuse it :) Drop me an email instead of on here.

Implode.
kavar

email...

Post by kavar »

what email would you like me to use?? You can reply to pete period lindsey at sbcglobal period net, I check it very frequently

have you looked at jsdl? I have programmed with SDL before and it would do nicely, I have never used the jsdl implementation but from the little I have seen, looks like a solution with a ribbon tied around it.