0.9.2 released

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Implode
Site Admin

0.9.2 released

Post by Implode »

...finally, and on the downloads page! Initially looking back at the version history I couldn't believe it took the same amount of time (4.5 months) to get 0.9.1 done (which was a truly massive set of changes) as 0.9.2 (which by comparison doesn't have too many big new features). However, then I remembered I lost a month or more working on the XML editor and the changes to the Java multiplayer components. And the comms layer changes were a LOT more involved than I was expecting... so... yeah, now I can believe its been 4.5 months!

I've tested this a lot more than previous versions, and so I found and fixed a large number of bugs. However, there were some I didn't get fixed, and I didn't get through all the testing I wanted to - it was simply taking me ages and I'd delayed the release enough already to allow me time to test it better. So, while it should be more bug-free than previous releases, I know it isn't totally bug free. But I'm not aware of anything significant enough that it should actually stop you playing it. And now it looks like I've got to go away for work again next week, so I basically just decided that's enough, release it in its current state rather than delay it any further.

There's an option to connect to my server, now that you can create games from the client. It definitely won't be running 24/7 - there's a few hours every night when my PC is usually off. So don't be surprised if you can't connect. My intention is that you can all use this as a central place to locate other players - I'll try to look myself to see if anyone wants a game from time to time. About the only time its worth me trying to start a game is just after my son goes to bed at 9:30pm my time = 1am UK time = 8pm Eastern US time.

Also a big thank you to Aggelon for doing the French translation in record time so it was ready to include in the release!

I've listed a lot of future plans for the next few versions on the version history/to do list page (and in the download).

So... enjoy :)

Implode.
Lupinedreams

Post by Lupinedreams »

Hot! Time for me to dabble again until the next version comes out.
saxxonpike

Post by saxxonpike »

I just checked out the update today. It's an excellent remake! Time to test out the new features :)
Lucern

Post by Lucern »

One step closer to 0.9.5....

Keep it up Implode :D