What are all the shortcut keys? (for 0.9.3)

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Implode
Site Admin

What are all the shortcut keys? (for 0.9.3)

Post by Implode »

I'm planning on adding all the shortcut keys in for 0.9.3, but there's only certain keys I use and so there's probably plenty more people are looking for that I don't know about. So if there's any shortcut keys (preferably ones that worked in the original MoM) that anyone wants, can you post it here, thanks.

The ones I know about, or have found by trying out the original, are as follows.

Overland map:
  • Arrow keys for moving about (in the original these work the same as if you clicked on the map cell in that direction... which isn't right, and causes situations on enchanted roads where you say hit dialogonal up-left but it decides to move up, then left, thereby attacking an enemy that might be up... MoM IME will always move in the direction you hit, even if there's a shorter indirect route)
    A = Armies screen (same as Armies gold button)
    B = Build (road or city)
    C = Centre on selected unit
    D = Done (i.e. don't move unit)
    G = Game screen (same as Game gold button)
    I = Info/advisor selection (same as Info gold button)
    M = Magic screen (same as Magic gold button)
    N = Next turn
    P = Switch plane (same as Plane gold button)
    S = Spellbook (same as Spells gold button)
    W = Wait (i.e. move different unit first)
    F1..F9 for the various advisors (these already work in 0.9.2)
Combat:
  • A = Toggle auto control
    C = Toggle showing damage calculations (not in the original)
    D = Done
    F = Flee
    I = Info (but there's no Info button in MoM IME so this is N/A)
    S = Spellbook
    W = Wait
Thanks very much,

Implode.
Ste

Post by Ste »

Spacebar is another hotkey for Done. It works slightly differently than the other battle screen hotkeys. They all position your cursor above the appropriate button while spacebar leaves the cursor where it is (which is much more convenient for me).
Virm

Post by Virm »

Enter is always a generic confirmation key.

anytime there's an 'OK' or 'Close' button, enter moves the cursor to in and presses it. It also hits 'Next Turn' in the overland screen if no unit is selected. (does nothing when a unit is selected)

edit: You can implement this differently if you'd like, this is just what I recall from the original.
Ste

Post by Ste »

Y and N also works for confirmation/denial in the dialog that shows up when you enter lairs, nodes, etc.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Ste wrote:Y and N also works for confirmation/denial in the dialog that shows up when you enter lairs, nodes, etc.
Right :) Although that seems pretty obvious, thanks for pointing it out, there's a good chance I'd have missed it otherwise!
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

All above put in 0.9.3. Also added +/- for zooming the map.