0.9.3 released

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Implode
Site Admin

0.9.3 released

Post by Implode »

Finally...! I was trying to get this done before the Easter weekend, however there were a last few bugs I was trying to track down that crashed the game under certain circumstances, so I didn't want people getting into a long game only to have it die on them right at the end! I *think* I've got all these now... there was one odd bug with a List Error on the server when ending combat that I had sometimes, but I just played for a good few hours without a hitch, so I'm hoping it is OK. If anyone runs into trouble, try to reproduce the error in the debug versions so I've got a useful log file to look at :)

Thanks very much to Keith LaMothe for playtesting it for me for hours and finding any number of bugs which I've managed to find & fix as a result. He's also starting to help me out with the Java port of the server for 0.9.4.

I don't have the language files yet for 0.9.3, Aggelon's still working on the French XML file, and someone else is trying to polish up the half baked German XML file I had (lot of work to do with that one), so these will be posted separatly when they're ready.

Enjoy :)
Implode.
Kev

Thanks

Post by Kev »

Im sure I speak for us all - thank you for the hard work!
Lupinedreams

Post by Lupinedreams »

I'm with Kev on this one, thank you Implode! Your work may single handedly save humanity from the sea of subpar games being made these days. Seeing a new version release of MoMIME is a beautiful thing.
esper256

Post by esper256 »

Lupinedreams wrote:I'm with Kev on this one, thank you Implode! Your work may single handedly save humanity from the sea of subpar games being made these days. Seeing a new version release of MoMIME is a beautiful thing.
Totally agree with that! Just downloaded 0.9.3 and trying it out. Very great stuff! :D

I'm making a list of suggestions/bugfixes. MoMIME is great though, and while the other clones never got anywhere. This one is real and just a few improvements away from starting to grow in playability at a very rapid rate!

I'll post those once I've played a bunch more turns in the other forum.

Thanks again Implode for your amazing work!
mose

Post by mose »

Thank you for making this great MOM remake and keep up the good work :)
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

Thanks for all of your work !

French langage file is finish and should be within your mailbox... maybe you have to change somethings inside before release it ? so I prefer to not post it and wait you release it.

Have fun playing,
Aggelon.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Yes Aggelon, I do have it and wanted to check it out before I posted it, I've just been really busy :( I'll try to do it over the weekend.

Thanks very much!

Implode.
AussieKSU

Software engineer willing to help

Post by AussieKSU »

Implode, I sent you an email to your admin address but I figured I might as well post here since it seems you update the site quite frequently. I am more than willing to help you with this project pro bono.
PatentMC

Re: 0.9.3 released

Post by PatentMC »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE THIS GAME, STILL PLAYING IT!!!!!!!!
Words cant express what i feel... I can't even imagine how much work you needed to do to make it work....
After all this years it's still a classic and beats everything that ever occured after this game.

Where can i find some instruction? I dont know how to scroll the map or enter the city and probably some other things can appear which i can't do... please some help. I've been all through the forum and the page and couldn't find any tips...
PatentMC

Post by PatentMC »

Please can anybody help me??? I need some instructions about the controls... I dont know if I have some bug or do I just simply dont knoww the controls... How can I enter a city??
klausbreuer

Post by klausbreuer »

Hi PatentMC,

I'd suggest you get yourself the PDF of the original Master of Magic handbook. I could email it to you, but it would probably be faster for you to simply google for it.
For example, looking for this:
"master of magic" handbook pdf
will get you links to both handbooks (second one is the spellbook) as the first two hits :)

Ciao,
Klaus

PS: Invade a city by left-clicking on it while moving somebody, look at it by right-clicking on it.