Hello

Anything else to do with MoM IME
ghost

Hello

Post by ghost »

Is this project still active?

I tried to run the latest version on my T61 laptop (7000 core 2 duo with 2 gigs of ram) but the application ran at crawl speeds. is this a settings issue or is this the state of the projects affairs?

I know I shouldn't start with a grumble but this project is something that MUST BE and I am more than willing to provide support anyway I can, though I am no coder.

If there is any way I can help, let me know, and thanks for breating life into the greatest civ-like game ever created
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Give me specific screens that run at crawl speed - the overland map all the time? just when the spell book is open? the city screen? when the AI player is taking a turn? etc. etc. And use the option on the options screen to get the actual number of frames per second.

Slowness is completely subjective, IMHO it runs fine on my single core cheapey AMD processor. So if someone simply says "its slow" I'm just going to say "no it isn't". On the hand if you say the spellbook is slow... well I can look to try to do something about that in a future version.

Thanks,

Implode.
esper256

Post by esper256 »

Maybe he means that the map scroll speed and unit movement animation speed is slow. So even though he's getting a high framerate he thinks the game is running "slow"
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Yeah, that's exactly why I'm asking him to be specific because "slow" can cover such a multitude of different things.