MoM IME Expanded

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Lubricus

Re: MoM IME Expanded

Post by Lubricus »

Excellent ideas, elliott20!

It should be possible to have heroes that can be "loyal" to more than one race, like a human hero who will work for either the High Men, the Nomads or the Barbarians, or an insect hero willing to work for both the Klackons and the still-misnamed Beemen, for instance. That way, you can make even more heroes possible for the weakest races. Maybe the Klackon heroes are only willing to work for the Klackons, while the Beeman heroes are willing to aid both the Beemen and the Klackons. The Gnolls could get several new, cool heroes this way. They need them...
Last edited by Lubricus on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

it would actually introduce another layer towards choosing your race if there are multi-race heroes. though, a beeman hero willing to work with the klackon? aren't they supposed to be like, mortal enemies or something?
Lubricus

Post by Lubricus »

Not really. I had thought that at first, but came to realise that the Beemen would probably just see the Klackons as slow-witted cousins. The main reason for that change is that the Klackons do NOT need another race that hates them - they might be easier to play if they have at least one race that tolerates them somewhat. The Beemen hate the Gnolls, and have the same +2 unrest against most other races as the Klackons, but only +1 unrest when under the control of Klackons, Elves, Halflings, Nomads and Lizardmen, since they tolerate races that are nature-oriented and/or traders.
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

so I got bored at work and took my lunch break doing some bitmap editing.

BEHOLD! MY CRAPPY 8-BIT DRACOMAGE SHAIEL!

Lubricus

Post by Lubricus »

Not bad! It just need a to be a bit less "flat". Looks somewhat like Sss'ra, by the way.
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

that's because the image was based off of him. I just took the image from a website, shrunk it, and then went pixel by pixel to make the dragon look different. smaller horns, red eyes, and different clothes. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to make it look remotely feminine.

but yeah, the image is super flat right now because I haven't the faintest idea how to properly do lights and shadows.
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

Well, as it turns out, with the more monstrous heroes, I'm better just taking real photos (this one start out as an ant) and working off of those.

Here's our first klackon hero, I think. maybe.

while I was at it, I re-did the draco mage in photoshop. came out a little better. gotta say, I still like the klackon hero better.

Gnoll Hero (one of the more feral ones)

Lubricus

Post by Lubricus »

Now we're talking! That dragon hero looks positively lethal! :twisted: The other two are a bit dark, but I like the images. I love the fact that they don't look remotely human. Good work!
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

I figured there's plenty of room to make the less feral monstrous heroes have more human qualities, the rest of them could just be as feral as the source material
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

hmm... still can't find a suitable creature for the Queen hero to call up from the ground... and seeing as I feel like creating some new uber-creatures anyway, here's a new unit

Insect Swarm (12 figures)
Upkeep 4
Attack 1
Special Attack
Armor 1
Resistance 5
Hits 1
Accuracy 0
Movement fly 2
Special Abilities
Fly
Missile Immunity
Weapon Immunity

sure, they're all extremely weak but you get 12 of them in one unit.
Lubricus

Post by Lubricus »

elliott20 wrote:sure, they're all extremely weak but you get 12 of them in one unit.
That would take a fair bit of programming, I think. None of the units in the original game has more than eight figures per base, so you'd have to mod that in, I imagine. Can't the Queen summon, say, two units at once instead?
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

hey, works for me. i just like the idea of the queen summoning in cannon fodder. they could klackon spearmen for all i care
Lubricus

Post by Lubricus »

How about two random Klackon units? Of course, nothing stronger than Halberdiers, but it would still be fun to see what comes up.
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

that would be cool too. Of course, I think that would make the spell really hard to use for the simple reason that you have deal with what happens to the units after combat, where do the units spawn, and does it always have to be klackon.

Plus, would the ability to available to other character types? or would it be exclusively a klackon ability?

having said that, I think that if we can simply have the ability scale in some fashion, and have said scale dictate the unit type, then we can just have the summon pull up one single unit. the unit, of course, disappears after battle.
Lubricus

Post by Lubricus »

Yeah, the unit must disappear after battle, or you'll get no end of trouble with spawning and stuff. As for the unit type, I can totally see an ant queen summon a random Klackon or Beeman unit, but it wouldn't make sense to see her summon a Dark Elf unit... I have no idea if it possible to make such a spell, though. Maybe she'll just get to summon a temporary Klackon spearman (or whatever) unit, and leave it at that. Of course, I could totally see a Klackon leader able to summon Engineers... But that's another discussion, I guess.