Progress on 0.8.8

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Implode
Site Admin

Progress on 0.8.8

Post by Implode »

Since its been dead here the last few weeks and you might be wondering if 0.8.8 will ever appear - I've been stuck, trying to work out the best way to add in the graphics for city spells like Wall of Fire or Altar of Battle. I'd started doing it a few ways, but I really didn't like that I had 3 different sets of graphics on the city view (for the background landscape, buildings, and spells) all of which had separate bits of code.

I've finally come up with a nice neat way to solve all this, so am now working on adding it all into the graphics XML file and then writing the code for it. Then I've only got a few more bits to do on 0.8.8 and it'll be ready... so fingers crossed for the end of June.

I'm actually not really behind, since there's already at least 2 things I wasn't planning until doing until 0.8.9 that I've had to do early for one reason or another :)

Implode.
Sammual12

We may be silent but we are here.

Post by Sammual12 »

Just wanted to let you know that your efforts are not going un-noticed. I can't wait to try out 0.8.8 and beond.

Sammual
Hal9k

Post by Hal9k »

Your efforts are definitly not going unnoticed - I'm eagerly waiting for your next release.
I just tried out the new Heroes of M&M but it still cant compare with Mom in my eyes... and even less with a Mom with so many options to create epic games like yours.
Coyote

Hello

Post by Coyote »

I think I have been patiently watching your progress for the last year or so, periodically checking every few months. I'm just a fan of MoM, but I'm really looking foward to what you develop, even if its still another few years down the road.

Way to go!
Implode
Site Admin

Screenshots from 0.8.8

Post by Implode »

0.8.8 will be out in hopefully a few days now. In the meantime I've put some screenshots up with some of the new features in here :)

All I have left to do is:
When you cast a unit enchantment (e.g. Heroism), and click on a map square, the screen that pops up so you can pick which unit to cast it on.
Making unit enchantment spells merge in with unit skill lists, so they appear on the unit screen & so you can switch them off.

and should be ready then :)

Implode.