Fixing spells that were buggy in the original MoM

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Clythoss

Post by Clythoss »

i guess you are right. But on the other side it can´t be that hard to fix it. A simple option where i can choose if the Destruction of an artifict should give mana based on it´s casting cost or not would be a good idea i think.
E=MC²+1W6
Lupinedreams

Post by Lupinedreams »

yeah - Implode has said he would have options available so we'd be able to play a "classic" game of mom with the old rules and bugs etc intact if you prefer it that way, or selectively pick what you want to change, etc. One of many reasons why I'm looking forward to IME moreso than actual new games coming out this year.
Richrf

Re: in addition

Post by Richrf »

Lupinedreams wrote:
There are a number of spells that only function for the CPU correctly, too. I remember in fact that the original manual for MoM included a "illusional visage" spell or something for blue, that would make a unit look like a more powerful summoned unit (trick your opponents into thinking your spearmen are death knights! etc) but the manual stated that "computers are never fooled by this and so the spell is limited only to your opponents" I've never been able to trade for this spell, so I assume it was their way of explaining either a bug, or a CPU player "feature" - CPUs tend to cheat a lot, especially on harder difficulties
You are talking about the spell -guises. It was replaced with blur (decreases enemy chance to hit by 10% for all units) in one of the later patches.

In the MP context, guises is probably a more fun spell to have.
Lupinedreams

actually

Post by Lupinedreams »

yeah, guises WOULD be a fun spell in multiplayer, and might make blue more viable in the early game....