[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition • View topic - Still alive :)

Still alive :)

Anything else to do with MoM IME

Re: Still alive :)

Postby Tino Didriksen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:35 pm

Tino Didriksen

Postby Implode » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:30 am

FYI, am working (with lot of help/suggestions from Tino) to get the code hosted in a SVN repository on sourceforge. Will post details once its available.

I figure the code is the primary issue. Once that's publicly accessible, will figure out what to do with the forum. We could use the forum facility on sourceforge (which means it would start off empty) or we think we could just transfer this entire forum and all its contents onto one of Tino's servers.

Will let everyone know updates once this is more sorted.
Implode
Site Admin

Postby Lucern » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm glad to see such arrangements being made.

Lead the way Implode. Those of us who see the great value in MoM IME will find our way there.
Lucern

Postby Implode » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:03 pm

All the new Java code is up there and most of the old Delphi code (for reference). Got another big routine in the game startup done.. only one left, working on that at the moment.
Implode
Site Admin

Postby MichaelZett » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:15 am

MichaelZett

Postby Implode » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Virm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm more than willing to check on a work list for the server components once you feel they're stable enough for others to work on. I can't promise much speed in working on it due to real-world time constraints, but I'm willing to do what I can.

Any access restrictions on the sourceforge repository? (haven't had a chance to do more than glance at it since the notice)
Virm

Postby Implode » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:37 am

You check freely check the code out read only. I think to be able to commit updates I have to add you as a developer on the project. Having not hosted a project on sourceforge before I'm not sure how that works, whether I have to add you or you put a request in to join the project and I just accept it. So give it a go your side and if you can't find the right option let me know and I'll try :)
Implode
Site Admin

Postby MichaelZett » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:50 am

I checked out the code. Next I have to get a little familiar with maven (we're still using ant as build tool).
I think at first I will try to get everything started and look at how it works. Perhaps doing a little bit refactoring on the way. I'll let you know as soon I'm ffeling ready to actively contribute.
MichaelZett

Postby Implode » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:23 am

Maven (i.e. command line builds) is wonderful, it will just go off to the internet and automatically locate and download any missing dependencies your projects have. You probably can't appreciate that on MoM IME because it has so few dependencies (on purpose) but some of the projects I've used it on at work that have hundereds of JARs in order to build its wonderful not having to manually locate these, include them in the build, worry about version mismatches and so on. I also really like that you can get it to do the xsd2java at build time, so the generated source files don't become part of what you commit into SVN. And that it automatically runs all the unit tests at build time and will fail the build if any unit tests fail.

The Eclipse plugin is a little more finicky, if you make changes to the POM you have to give it a poke sometimes (usually picking "Refresh dependencies" or "Refresh project configuration") to make it realise that you made a change, but as long as you aren't changing the POMs often it works great. Normally I just do everything in Eclipse and only if I change something signficant (like one of the XSDs) do I exit out of Eclipse and do a totally clean build of all the projects on the command line.

FYI I never used ant :)
Implode
Site Admin

Postby MichaelZett » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:25 am

MichaelZett

Postby MichaelZett » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:34 pm

So, installed maven and its plug-ins and tried to generate code in the given order.
On NdgParent there is a hard-coded dependancy on datetimepicker - shouldn't that be controlled by maven, too?
How do I tell the other projects where everyone else is? NdgMap needs NdgParent but cannot not find it.
MichaelZett

Postby Implode » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby MichaelZett » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 pm

MichaelZett

Postby Implode » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:45 am

Implode
Site Admin