Fog of War in 0.9.1

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Lupinedreams

Post by Lupinedreams »

Looks awesome in every conceivable way. I await the next release with slavering anticipation!
stew

Post by stew »

i thought it was important to know that, if an opponent's city is out of scouting range, you get a "no report" text in the troops box, rather than just what they had last time you saw.

edit: also, i am against the fog of war being like in starcraft where it dims the area. i think that, at worst, there should be an option for dimming or not dimming the fogged area.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

stew wrote:i thought it was important to know that, if an opponent's city is out of scouting range, you get a "no report" text in the troops box, rather than just what they had last time you saw.
Yes, troops will work like that. I'd like it to show what was there last time you saw it, but for units its too much work.
stew wrote:also, i am against the fog of war being like in starcraft where it dims the area. i think that, at worst, there should be an option for dimming or not dimming the fogged area.
There is, its configurable so you can set it up to always 'see' everything (like in the original MoM) or dim it out & show what you last saw (like Starcraft).

Implode