Download-Problem

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Nadal

Download-Problem

Post by Nadal »

i try to download master of magic from your site (http://www.roughseas.ca/momime/momime0.8.6.1.msi) and all i get is a text file! (named: momime0.8.6.1.msi) is there a possibily to get your MoM cloen?

can you write me an Email because i´m infected of the old MoM-Addiction :)
Nadal

Post by Nadal »

ok now it works! :)

but it is incredible slow :( and i hope the special abilitys of the races and the monsters are implemented soon! but it is a great work!
Implode
Site Admin

Re: Download-Problem

Post by Implode »

Nadal wrote:i try to download master of magic from your site (http://www.roughseas.ca/momime/momime0.8.6.1.msi) and all i get is a text file!
That's really weird, unless either I was right in the middle of uploading the new version at the time (unlikely) or you didn't have the Windows Installer (that processes MSI files) installed?

As for it running slowly... I know its not great but I'm still surprised by this. I view frame rates along the lines of:
Under 10 fps = unplayable
10 fps = poor
12 fps = acceptable
15 fps = nice
20 fps = really nice
30 fps = fantastic

and for me its now running at around 15 fps, although when running the server program on a different PC I've seen it reach up around 22-23 fps, so I find it just fine now. What graphics card & CPU do you have? If you put /fps on the command line when you run the client (or add it to a Windows shortcut) then what frame rate do you get?

Thanks for your interest, glad to find another MoM enthusiast. I was starting to think I'd finally get a multiplayer version written and then have nobody to play against ;)

Implode.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Hmmm, with server on another machine it works faster you say? I wonder how much faster it would be on my machine. Unfortunately i don't have a second pc to try it ;P
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Aku wrote:With server on another machine it works faster you say?
Well, it does when you click Next Turn. I notice if I run then both on the same PC, when I click Next Turn the frame rate on the client takes a huge drop while the server is busy processing the end-of-turn stuff and the AI players' turns. When you're taking your own turn, it makes very little difference.

Implode.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Ah well. There goes my hope :P
Need to buy new hardware. Maybe some day ;)