[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition • View topic - purist game

purist game

Played a particuarly interesting game or with an unusual setup? Here's somewhere to talk about it.

purist game

Postby Lupinedreams » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:59 pm

Lupinedreams

Dark elves

Postby Implode » Fri May 11, 2007 12:53 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby HeymlicH » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:20 pm

HeymlicH

Re: purist game

Postby gejsiv » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:50 am

I think dark elves are more fun as slave races than as starting races. I love the unique units they have, because night blades are perfect for defending nodes or choke points on roads (just keep hitting done so the enemy gives up and leaves) and I love the warlocks and priests for more serious defense. At the same time, they cause so much unrest, either in their slave races or when they are the slave race, that its impractical to use them sometimes. I prefer to have as little unrest as possible, which means all their delicious power increase is being alchmied into the money I'm not making from their taxes. Combine with their low growth rate and max population, and I much prefer to start as something else and then conquer them.
gejsiv

Postby Virm » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:14 am

Y'know, after reading everything in the forums again, I get the impression that by almost everyone's standards, I've been playing this wrong for years.

My favorite races are Dark Elves and Klackons. And I haven't used life magic for a long time, I use mostly nature and normally don't even touch life or death. The dark elves are best used by making settlers whenever possible and making as many cities in the available area as you can. You're half right about the warlocks being the only viable unit, but the nightmares and nightblades are great for their purposes. Warlocks are best used in groups of 3+, because then practically nothing can withstand the potential barrage of doom bolts.
Virm

Postby Iluvalar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Iluvalar

Postby Virm » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:05 am

Virm

Postby Iluvalar » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:21 am

Iluvalar

Postby Darkpriest667 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:20 pm

3 warlocks 3 priests 2 cav and 1 hero was my standard army in original MOM

the 2 penalties i dislike about darkelves are this

1- slow growth

2- inability to make engineers

Other than that.. this is my favorite race to play by far... 8 chaos Myrran and darkelf was my favorite combo and i still use it regularly

Im excited to see the game finalized.... However

What happened to fame? It attracted mercs and heroes is it just not implemented yet?
Darkpriest667

Return to Game reports