[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition • View topic - Polish translation

Polish translation

Discussions about creating additional language XML files to translate the MoM IME client into other languages

Polish translation

Postby Nehan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:19 am

Hello there MoM lovers!

I'd be delighted if I could translate MoM into my language, there is only one problem - I'm not into programming/file change/whatever is required to do it, so I'd be grateful if you could explain what needs to be done.
Cheers
N.
Warsaw isn't a kind of a battle saw. It's the capital of Poland.
Nehan

Re: Polish translation

Postby Implode » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:16 am

I can point you in the right direction for how to do it sure. However I'm assuming you don't have a Polish copy of the original MoM... for the French and German translations I was able to extract a lot out from the original MoM files for those languages, which greatly reduced how much had to be translated by hand. If there's no Polish original MoM then you're talking about translating *everything* by hand, all the unit names, all the buiding names, all the spell names, all the spell descriptions... so that would be great, there'll just be a lot to do.

Anyway drop me a note if you're interested, I'll try to put together some instructions on how to use the editor.

Thanks!

Implode.
Implode
Site Admin

Postby Nehan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:09 pm

There was no polish translation, I can tell. And I know very well the work that is to do with all the names, descriptions etc.
I found a way to translate (well, sort of), copied the english xml file to a word editor and huzzah - but it seems that there's an editor.
oh, one thing first - will polish letters (ąćęńóśżź) work, and if not, what is required to alter it?
Nehan

Postby Implode » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:01 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Nehan » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Some things that came up:
1) polish fonts aren't working (except for ó... but it works in most font settings)
2. I have a problem with races' names. The first (singular) is for choosing races at the start of game, *and* for cities, racial units (lizardman spearmen etc.). Unfortunately, in polish it doesn't work (the words are changed a bit). So, is there a possibility to have a *third* spelling option? And if yes, how to add it?
3 (close to 2.) is there an option to swap race name and unit name? (Lizardmen spearmen->spearmen lizardmen; same as above, in polish they should be swapped).
The translation is now about 60% finished, with spells at 25% and the rest almost completed.
Nehan

Postby Implode » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Nehan » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Nehan

Postby Nehan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:23 pm

Nehan

Postby Implode » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:51 am

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Nehan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:52 pm

no problem, just keep up the good work with the game!

I just found a small error in a spell description, specifically, wall of fire. Short description says that there's a S4 attack, while help text - S5. Checked in the strategy guide - S5 is the right one.
N.
Nehan

Postby PatentMC » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:42 am

Hello !!! I'm also a Master of Magic maniac from Poland. I could help with the translations although I see that somebody is already doin it, but if you need some help or a second opinion I will be glad to help :)

Also i can help in design area, balncing the game etc. I have some knowledge and experience in that matter as i wrok in computer games branch as a level/game designer.
PatentMC

Postby Nehan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:23 pm

I was away for a while, and so was my translation. getting back to it slowly.
Patent - I could send you the polish file.
Nehan

Return to Language files / Translations