[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition • View topic - Disappointing new games

Disappointing new games

Anything you want to discuss about games besides MoM

Disappointing new games

Postby Implode » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:00 am

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Lupinedreams » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:26 pm

Lupinedreams

Postby Tekee » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:24 pm

Tekee

Postby Implode » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:23 pm

Implode
Site Admin

Postby Magnate » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Magnate

Re: Disappointing new games

Postby elliott20 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:43 am

the thing is though, for a game with wildly divergent game play styles, Starcraft is amazingly well balanced.

To me, the issue here seems to be just a simple matter of taste for implode. I get the feeling that implode likes games that have something familiar conventions to relate to, and unfortunately most Sci-Fi genre stuff goes far into the realm of weird that it removes elements of immersion for him. On the flip side, C&C Generals is very much grounded in reality.

you know what game I think you oughta try out, implode? Rise of Nations.
elliott20

Postby Korenn » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:27 am

The thing that made me stop playing baldur's gate 2 was the npc's that kept interrupting the game with their own inane stories. I'd be halfway into some dungeon with still quite some things to do, and suddenly my healer walks up, blabs out some nonsense story and walks off, leaving me stuck out there. stupid system.
Korenn

Postby Lucern » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:23 am

lol Korenn, I know exactly what you mean - I always started multiplayer games of BG 2 and transferred the party over to a single player game so that I wouldn't have to deal with the NPCs in the game. The thing is, though, that all of the Infinity games succeeded on their offering of a deep and old school D&D RPG. Icewind Dale succeeded by being particularly brutal in the area of party strategy. BG2, however, seemed to be most popular because people liked the party interactions. I didn't care about that. I was all about the rest of the game - in fact, I'm playing a modded version that lets you set whatever resolution you want, not to mention it being jam-packed with new quests, areas, and monsters.

As for RTS...I liked Starcraft...played it for more than a year. Nowadays though, I can't accept anything less than an AI-modded Dawn of War, with its 9 factions, gratuitous violence and pulse-pounding constant combat. Starcraft 2 will be probably be good and much better balanced, I'm sure, but in terms of sheer Let's-get-together-and-destroy-the-AI multiplayer fun...Dawn of War 2 is more likely to have my lasting attention.

As for our nearly deceased and dearly beloved genre of the strategy game with tactical combat...I lament that more than developments in any of these other genres.
Lucern

Re:

Postby McTaff » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:38 pm

McTaff

Return to Other games