[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition • View topic - Fallout 3

Fallout 3

Anything you want to discuss about games besides MoM

Fallout 3

Postby Lupinedreams » Tue May 08, 2007 7:25 pm

Lupinedreams

Postby Warder » Wed May 09, 2007 2:38 am

Warder

Postby Lupinedreams » Thu May 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Lupinedreams

Postby Deadnature » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:58 pm

Deadnature

Re:

Postby McTaff » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:09 am

McTaff

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Lucern » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 am

I was hesitant about Fallout 3 mainly because of Oblivion, but it and I will have to get married if I keep playing it this much. I've been playing it for weeks. I played through it, modded it, and I'm on my 5th playthrough. It's not quite as hardcore as previous fallouts in ways that no modern game can seem to get away with, but it's fun, it's an RPG with a nice implementation of player skill vs character skill (even with guns), and unlike every single Bethesda release I can remember, this one isn't a simplification of their previous entry. They learned from Oblivion in many ways and corrected some particularly egregious errors, and that was a game I only started to enjoy with dozens and dozens of mods active. I could go on for pages, but I enjoy this game aesthetically, it's (now) got a great pace, it's (now) a great challenge, and I genuinely find the feel of it - the control, the voice acting, the explosions, the character development, the weapons - gratifying to play and rewarding of a diversity of play styles. I can't really see an RPG gamer skipping this one in good conscience. It's a whole new situation from the previous two (which I also love), but it's still Fallout to me. And by the way, with mods, the sex, drugs, and rock and roll are all here in their shameless glory.

In any case, we're now talking about a game with 30+ mods released for it daily. There's something to be said for a living, breathing entity that can be shaped in many ways into the game you want to play. I'm currently playing with XFO, a mod that makes the game much, much harder and better balanced. It's got severe radiation from water and food (and the option to need water and food), fewer skillpoints per level to force you to develop your character intelligently, higher explosives and big-guns damage, new perks, and a whole lot of other things, all of which you can choose which parts to add. I'm also using Martigan's Mutant Mod, which lets all sentient characters loot and carry around stuff from their wasteland adventures, adds the number of spawned enemies (or allies), and changes the variety in every given encounter. It does this by making enemies slightly different sizes with different textures and, most importantly, different stats and AI behaviors. The raider with a missile launcher may or may not know what he's doing with it :D Oh, and ghouls? If you remember a hallway or two with 5-6 ghouls, imagine the same hallway with, I kid you not, 30-50 ghouls. It's like a wasteland zombie invasion. Bring a shot-gun or a mini-nuke. Another mod I feel like I should mention is one that lets you construct your own robot guards and travel the wasteland with them. Finally, a mad-scientist simulator...lol. I'm also considering incorporating part of a mod called FOOK, which adds dozens and dozens of weaponry and armor from the community and puts them into the same leveled lists, as well as a 'roleplayer's alternate start' mod that lets you start as members of other groups than the Vault, such as the raiders, the slavers, the wastelanders, the brotherhood of steel, etc, with severe consequences on how you play the game.
Lucern

Postby Nehan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:20 am

Warsaw isn't a kind of a battle saw. It's the capital of Poland.
Nehan

Postby Lucern » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Lucern

Postby Nehan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:45 pm

I spent a couple of hours browsing & downloading mods, but I'm a bit disappointed. most of them are either equipment (which is good to an extent, PPSH rocks!), companion or some other low-priority jingos. I've searched and I've searched and found TWO sensible quest mods.
there is hope, however, a slim hope, that few know of :wink: . The GTS system can make creating new areas much easier, as there won't be any problems with them occupying the same spot on the map. still, it could take months before anything more complex is made. slaughtering is fun, especially with tweaked AI (no more suicidal critters), but it's (or at least should be) a goddamn rpg :) .
that ceases my rambling. back to dc.
Warsaw isn't a kind of a battle saw. It's the capital of Poland.
Nehan

Return to Other games