Armageddon

Anything else to do with the original Master of Magic
saxxonpike

Armageddon

Post by saxxonpike »

I didn't find this out until just now, but apparently the chaos spell Armageddon also affects the unrest of everyone's cities. They should document these effects...

Edit: Huh, returning back to this it appears there was a set of manual corrections. But I own the 1.0 version of the game, so they must not have been included anywhere. Hm...
Iluvalar

Post by Iluvalar »

This is mainly why I always take the picture of sssra when I am doing a custom wizard ^^. Not because he look so cool, but because if he manage to cast this spell soon enought, it's game over...

Note that an other side effect that is not often mentionned in this spell is the fact that each volcano give you an additionnal base mana. This mean you get 3-5 more power base each turn until you reach about 300 mana/turn 8) .

it's probably my favorite spell.
gejsiv

Re: Armageddon

Post by gejsiv »

Sadly, the volcanoes eventually turn into mountains, which means the power increase fluctuates, but those mountains can later become volcanoes themselves so you're still doing well for yourself.

For added fun, steal this spell as a blue mage and then spell blast anyone who tries to disjunct it!
Aureus

Re: Armageddon

Post by Aureus »

This is one of the reasons Armageddon is so incredibly powerful. When the AI has this spell in effect, my income typically falls from +250 to -250, and -20 food. If you don't have animists guilds everywhere, you have a major problem on your hands.