AI spell use

Anything else to do with the original Master of Magic
Aureus

AI spell use

Post by Aureus »

Can you guys help me figure out which spells the AI never uses? I can think of these:

Disrupt
Call Chaos
Warp Node
Drain Power
Move Fortress
Magic Vortex
Plane Shift
Planar Travel
Subversion
Cruel Unminding

Not sure about these:

Ressurection
Wraith Form
Berserk
Haste
Wind Walking
Entangle

Any feedback would be most appreciated.
Beryl

Re: AI spell use

Post by Beryl »

I can tell you that some of these spells are used by AI !
In a current game I saw (detect magic) Rjak cast Subversion, and soon after Ariel (despite being both life and in good relation) broke our wizard pact, sent me a Magic Spirit and allied with Rjak against the other 2 AI magicians :shock: .
As the true champion of life and good, I must now punish the bad ones and bring back Ariel in the lighter side :mrgreen:

Beryl
Iluvalar

Post by Iluvalar »

Some spell are never casted by AI.
But many of these spell are seen very rarely because they need to be used in particular situation.

*A good plane shift must be planed ahead (years in advance, soon at the beginning of the game) to be useful.
*Magic vortex really change the way you move in battle
*I don't use move forteress that much either
*Disrupt is not THAT useful, you'll see some AI casting it at the beginning of the game. It look like they forget about it during the game. It look like they under evaluate the usefulness of low-level spell as their skill increase.
*They use subversion, but it do not trigger any warning.
Aureus

Post by Aureus »

Thanks. I've never seen disrupt used..

Also, incarnation is never cast.

I think it might be possible to get the AI to cast that spell if it was moved to a different part of the spellbook..
nyarlathotep

Post by nyarlathotep »

Aureus wrote:Can you guys help me figure out which spells the AI never uses? I can think of these:

Disrupt
Call Chaos
Warp Node
Drain Power
Move Fortress
Magic Vortex
Plane Shift
Planar Travel
Subversion
Cruel Unminding

Not sure about these:

Ressurection
Wraith Form
Berserk
Haste
Wind Walking
Entangle

Any feedback would be most appreciated.
I've seen Plane Shift & Planar Travel as well as Wraith Form & Berserk.
Aureus

Post by Aureus »

Plane Shift & Planar Travel
They might cast these spells, but I don't think they ever actually use their effects.
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

most of the time, the AI will cast it, and for some strange reason, disable it 2 rounds later. I suspect the AI currently has a bad habit of over casting, running out of mana, allowing the spell to get dispelled and then doing it all over again.
kyrub

Post by kyrub »

Aureus wrote: Also, incarnation is never cast.
(As stupid as it sounds...)
It seems that AI would summon Torin only if it had the barbarian spearmen unit in possession.

The condition is so distorted that it seems there used to be the right algorithm (e.g. checking for any player having unit nr. 34 = "Torin unit" to see if it is possible to cast Incarnation), but they changed it for some reason (the AI was always the first to cast it?) into a total mess (checking to see if the caster has the unit nr 39 = "Barbarian spearmen"). Since AI gets rid regularly and quickly of the weakest units, this makes the Incarnation casted by AI an absolute rarity.

When the "barbarian spearmen" condition works, the AI gives the spell top priority and should cast it almost immediately. Maybe with a cheat (giving the AI the Incarnation spell + the mana + the spearmen units) it could be seen in the game.
Asfex

Post by Asfex »

Do you fix it?
kyrub

Post by kyrub »

Take a look on the second picture on the bottom of the page

http://www.dragonsword.com/forum/phpbb/ ... hp?p=51#51

However, there are several problems I must solve. Like, what will the program do once someone casts Incarnation first when others are halfway through (and have invested 300, 400 MP)? WIll it simply cancel their spell? Will it change it to summon hero / summon champion? I don't know.

Also, when your opponent has just lost his Torin in a battle, can you actually cast Incarnation and take Torin for yourself? Unclear.
Asfex

Post by Asfex »

Is it impossible to give any wizard his own torin with a separate expierience? its a best choise.
if it is the others was obvious.

"unit with full points moves into a stack-already-moved and loses all its points suddenly" -think its not a bug. its feature. Whats about there was a combat to protect the city? I think this way must be blocked till the next month. (or the other wizard move turn)
Last edited by Asfex on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyrub

Post by kyrub »

spells omitted by the AI in combat
...giant strength
...entangle
...blur
...spell lock
...call chaos
Asfex

Post by Asfex »

Just the IA cast giant strength in a combat. Aslo one wizard cast cruel unminding onto me.
schlechtj

Post by schlechtj »

The results of a torrin casting spellcaster can easily be found out. There are save game editors which will allow you to change the spell that the AI wizards are casting. Make every one cast the spell and see what happens. Also it sounds like an easy hex edit fix to get the AI to check for an existing torrin instead of the spearmen.
Incanur

Post by Incanur »

I see giant strength and blur all the time. I'm pretty sure I've seen spell lock too.