Best race

Anything else to do with the original Master of Magic
Woo-haa

Best race

Post by Woo-haa »

What race is the best?

I think the Haflings is the best, the slingers is the best units early on and with spells as lionheart etc you easly take out great drakes, sky drake, paladins. and it has a low upkeep.
Also the swordsmen are 2 more than the other races swordsmen.
Incanur

Re: Best race

Post by Incanur »

Depends. High elves give an extra few points of mana with which to power out the various 11-book strategies. Nothing beats knowing wraiths or invulnerability on turn one, so high elves are the best race for the optimal game. Halflings probably do deserve the title in other cases, thanks to slingers, the extra food, and lower unrest in conquered cities.
Lucern

Post by Lucern »

Gnolls are clearly the best. They keep the game challenging with their ineptitude.
Incanur

Post by Incanur »

I've actually had success with gnolls on impossible. You just swarm with spearmen and bowmen early on. Not the best race, obviously, but better than you might expect.
Lucern

Post by Lucern »

Oh I was just kidding. I like all the races to some extent. They're not equal by any means, even by plane, but I like that.

http://www.roughseas.ca/momime/phpBB3/v ... ?f=4&t=272

I've got my own project of 8 new races for this system if it ever gets finished, some of which, like the Ogres, have a lot in common with the races that work best with life magic and warlord that get an early boost.