Happy halloween!

Anything else to do with the original Master of Magic
Lupinedreams

Happy halloween!

Post by Lupinedreams »

*eats candy*

What's everyone dabbling in for games while Implode slaves away on his masterpiece, just out of curiosity? I'm loving Dawn of War (plus expansions) at the moment.
VM

Post by VM »

Im trying to get hold of a Delphi 7 to help Implode. No luck so far... :(
Implode
Site Admin

Re: Happy halloween!

Post by Implode »

Lupinedreams wrote:What's everyone dabbling in for games
I recently got myself a wicked graphics card... previously I was playing games on my laptop, which isn't half bad, but its still a laptop with only a Radeon 9000 chip in it (and I have to hack the drivers to get the most recent ones to install)... so now I've got a decent graphics card (BFG 7900 GTX OC 512) in my desktop I've been replaying all the things that never played quite fast enough before.

C&C Generals plays wicked at max detail in 1920x1200
Battlefield 1942 plays wicked at max detail in 1920x1200
Secret Weapons over Normandy is disappointing - for a game where you need quick reflexes, its not a fast enough frame rate at 1920x1200
Dawn of War was next game to dig out and try, I'm a huge 40K fan... used to play Epic scale in my younger days (I still have a cupboard full of my painted minatures). I like Dawn of War and the Imperial Guard expansion... but I just saw the new expansion... Necrons and Tau... they're just too weird for me, no way I'm buying that.

And yes, I'm still doing work on MoM IME besides. Actually I'd had a big lull from it, but in the last 2-3 weeks I've made huge amounts of progress. Combat summons now work (like Phantom Warriors), I've got one more change I'm half way through, and then I just have to get all the spell animations done - which will be quite a bit of work, but at least I can say its an ever decreasing list of things I have left to do on 0.8.9 :) I'm hoping to have it out in a couple of weeks (depending on how much trouble I get with the animations).

Implode.
Lupinedreams

Post by Lupinedreams »

GLEE! Glad to hear things are going well with IME - and yeah, I love dawn of war - I think I prefer the original the best (only because they changed the voice and look of my beloved chaos lord (they took away his manreaper scythe!)

And in Dark Crusade, several of the factions got new heroes (same unit, but different voice / look / etc) The single player campaign for darc crusade is tons of fun though!

Though I must say through every version of patch and expansions, DoW has been incredibly impressive and fun to play, especially with roomates and coworkers and a voicechat server (public players tend to be subpar players and just scream obscenities in chat while trying to find the most terrible paintjobs possible for their armies, hehe)
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Lupinedreams wrote:they changed the voice and look of my beloved chaos lord
Well you just persuded me more than ever not to get the latest expansion :) As soon as I started playing Dawn of War and heard the chaos lord I was like, OMG that's Dinobot I'm sure of it, and sure enough, checked the voice credits and it is indeed Scott McNeil. On checking the voice credits further, it seems they got half of the cast of Beast Wars to voice all the characters in Dawn of War! 8) (although none of the others are quite so recognizable).

Probably doesn't mean much to you unless you're a Transformers fan :)

Implode.