Stables with no Grassland

Anything else to do with the original Master of Magic
Implode
Site Admin

Stables with no Grassland

Post by Implode »

You can only build a Ship Wrights' Guild if there's at least one Ocean/Shore tile in the 8 squares surrounding a city.

You can only build a Sawmill if there's at least one Forest or Nature Node tile in the full 21 squares surrounding a city.

You can only build a Miners' Guild if there's at least one Hill, Mountain or Chaos Node tile in the full 21 squares surrounding a city.

Now, GQ (of MoM Clone) told me a while back that you can only build Stables if there's at least one Grassland tile in the full 21 squares surrounding a city (or, presumably, a Sorcery Node). However I tried this last night, and managed (with the help of Change Terrain) to find an inland area big enough, full only of hills, mountains and forest, put a city there and you can still build a Stables. So has anyone else heard of this?

Thanks,

Implode.
ikanreed

Post by ikanreed »

It's nonsense, I've made doom drakes from the poles.
FromRussiawithLove

Re: Stables with no Grassland

Post by FromRussiawithLove »

In game many bugs, not only with grassland:
Lucky adds only +1 to Hit, +1 resistance (must adds +1 attack; +1 defense; +1 heart; +1 to Hit, +1 resistance)
Immolation and fire wall not work;
In Artifact not work invisible & flight - invisible gives only total missile immunity, flight work only on strategic map.
I do not like what artifact bonus not show in heroes screen, i.e. if hero have +3 to hits, and you give him sword with Chaos and +3 to Hit, the hero must have +6 to hit and icon of automatic damage (Chaos).
kyrub

Re: Stables with no Grassland

Post by kyrub »

FromRussiawithLove wrote:Lucky adds only +1 to Hit, +1 resistance (must adds +1 attack; +1 defense; +1 heart; +1 to Hit, +1 resistance)
Immolation and fire wall not work;
Lucky gives you + 1 to hit, to defend and to resist. This was a late decision for the last patch, I think, and it works beatifully. (Just run a couple of those bloody cheap 8-figure halfling swordsmen around the map and see).
Immolation and fire wall: it is a common myth. They both work, as far as I can tell. I once decreased attack to zero and added immolation to a guardian spirit (and defense to 35) and wiped out an 8 unit city in about 40 turns. The fireball effect of both enchantments is not very strong, though.