List of Master of Magic Related Games & Mods

Anything else to do with the original Master of Magic
Blake00

List of Master of Magic Related Games & Mods

Post by Blake00 »

Hey guys! :)

A year or so ago I re-installed MoM in Dosbox and loaded my old savegames from 1998 and picked up right where I left off conquering Myrran and then invading the earth like world. I spent a lot of my teenage years in the 90s playing MoM so it was so much fun to play it again all these years later. When I finally finished my game I decided to make a tribute page on my retro website paying tribute to MoM along with listing the great many successful & sadly unsuccessful MoM related fan remake/sequel projects out there to make sure that they are never forgotten and can inspire talented MoM fans to create new MoM projects in the future. I also created a list of other games out there that are similar to MoM as there are many spiritual sequels these days. For these lists I collected pics, vids, demos, and information for as many of them as possible. I could use some help from the community with this list as I'm sure there's more I don't know about. This is my latest summary of the website list below.

http://blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/MoM/
(Note: Originally built in 2001 this website is still deliberately very late 90s early 2000s retro in design. So if you’re not nostalgic for old retro websites with music, animating gifs & left click browsing then you probably won’t like it)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Master of Magic Legacy Games list (Updated 10/11/2021) :
Official MoM Games
- Master of Magic
- Civizard - Majutsu no Keifu (Official Japanese Playstation conversion of MoM)
- Caster of Magic I & II
- Master of Magic Remake (New official remake coming in 2022!)

Very Similar Games
- Age of Wonders Series
- Master of Magic Civ2 Fantastic Worlds Scenario
- Worlds of Magic / Planar Conquest
- Elemental / Fallen Enchantress / Sorcerer King Series
- Endless Legend
- Warlock Series
- Eador Series
- Deity Empires

Similar Games
- War Barons
- Last Days of Old Earth
- Armello
- Thea: The Awakening
- Dominions Series
- Conquest of Elysium Series

Sort of Similar Games
- Lords of Magic - Special Edition
- Heroes of Annihilated Empires
- Celtic Tales - Balor of the Evil Eye
- Heroes of Might & Magic Series
- Disciples Series
- Warlords Series

Fan Games/Mods
- Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition (HD)
- Leylines
- Caster of Magic I & II
- Master of Myrror - Civ3 Conquests Mod
- Master of Mana - Civ4 BTS Mod
- Realms of Hope
- Xarvh
- Master of Magic The Resurrection
- Magic Master Project
- Magic Master Java Shell
- Master of Magic Clone
- Master of Magic .NET
- Master of Magic Restoration
- Age of Magic
- Re-Master of Magic
- Master of Magic Java Emulator
- Taranthor's Master of Magic - Civ 3 Mod
- MoM 32
- Master of Magic Spin-off Project

Normally when I do these pages I get a lot of help from the forum communities to find all the long lost projects out there but with so few MoM communities left so I've been searching on my own. So if anyone here knows of a game series I've missed that's very similar to MoM, a fan game based on MoM, or a large scale mod project related to MoM please let me know! :)
Last edited by Blake00 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Master of Magic Legacy:
fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!
Cor'e =)

Re: List of Master of Magic Related Games & Mods

Post by Cor'e =) »

Thank you for your list Blake00!

While i'm not adding something new (my hopes are completely on IME), i did want to mention that there is constant ongoing work over at the forums for the Civ4 FFH2 Wildmana Modmod Master of Mana v1.4x by BlackArchon and Xtended Master of Mana v5.x by Esvath, even if these Civ4 variants do not have the original look & feel of a true remake like IME they're very playable games. https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/w ... odmod.366/
Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Thanks Core, I think I've got most of those covered however I did not know about the original Wildmana mod so will check that out!

Happy new year guys! :) It's been a while but I've been working on my site and have made the following additions to the MoM related games list.

New MoM related projects added:
Last Days of Old Earth – New game similar to Master of Magic
Thea: The Awakening – New game similar to Master of Magic without tactical combat
Dominions Series – Great retro looking series similar to Master of Magic
Conquest of Elysium Series – Retro looking series (created by Dominions team) similar to MoM
Armello – New game similar to Master of Magic without tactical combat
Disciples Series – Similar to MoM & HoMM with amazing gothic artwork
Warlords Series – Classic series similar to MoM & HoMM
Leylines – Very cool looking fan made Master of Magic style game by the makers of several QFG fan games I like, so have given a full tribute page!
Re-Master of Magic – Fan made master of magic remake added to RIP section. Unfortunately went dark before I could get any files or pics.

Changes made to existing MoM content:
General – Contents menu added.
General – All back buttons changed to utilise HTML bookmarks. Now users don’t have to re-scroll down the entire page constantly! :)
General – Fixed some missing slashes in code.
General – Added HD picture links, photobucket downsized all the old ones too much grr.
General – Added Steam & Good Old Games buy links.
Master of Magic: Implode’s Multiplayer Edition – Clearly the best fan made MoM remake out there so I’ve given it a full tribute page and recorded a gameplay video.
Worlds of Magic – Added Planar Conquest sequel details
Elemental Series – Added Sorcerer King Sequel details

As always, let me know if something is missing. :)
Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Been a while so I thought I'd update the list..

Created a new Official MoM games section/category to better match the website now that we're getting all these official releases from Slitherine. Naturally original MoM itself was already there but now I've added the old Playstation 1 conversion Civizard, the new official Master of Magic Remake, and copied over Caster of Magic I & II from the fan section since Slitherine has made them official addons. By request I've also added Deity Empires to the very similar games section too.

Some of these updates haven't been made on my MoM website yet but I'll get to it eventually. At least this list is up to date again though lol!

Thanks to everyone who's contacted me publicly and privately with suggestions. :)