Not all islands

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
Tekee

Post by Tekee »

What about making maps so that they are not all Islands? 8) :wink: :cry:
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Don't understand what you mean, on Large land %, you often get one massive continent that goes all the way around the world. Is that what you mean by "not all islands"?

Implode.
Tekee

Post by Tekee »

How do you do that ? I never could understand how to use the game editors you made :cry:
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

You don't need to edit the XML files to change the map generator. When you click 'New Game', where it says Land Size: Small/Medium/Large/Custom, set it to Custom. You get a new tab with a ton of settings to play with.

If you significantly bump up the very first number (Land masses take up %) then you're much less likely to get islands and much more likely to get one massive continent.

BTW on "Large" apparently the original MoM used 25% land but I upped it to 30% to avoid getting island-ish maps. The results I get on 30% seem to be more like the original MoM (which I always play on "Large") than when I had it at 25%.

Implode.
Tekee

Post by Tekee »

Hmm on mine we only have Small-Medium-LLarge, it dosen't look like the multiplayer mod worked becuase nothing has changed.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Ummm, stupid question, you are actually running MoM IME aren't you, and not the original MoM? MoM IME isn't a mod - its a totally separate installed game - after its installed and you've set the location of your original LBX files, run the Server and then the Client from the shortcuts that get added to your start menu - don't run the original!

The server window looks like this:
Server main screen
and then when you set the land size to custom, you get this tab:
Custom land size

Implode.