Bug in Building List

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
MightyGrunt

Bug in Building List

Post by MightyGrunt »

I don't know if it was already reported, but it seems that I stumbled upon a bug that prevents me from building a sawmill. I've played with both humans and trolls, and as I recall, these two races actually can construct that building. I could be wrong...
ikanreed

Re: Bug in Building List

Post by ikanreed »

MightyGrunt wrote:I don't know if it was already reported, but it seems that I stumbled upon a bug that prevents me from building a sawmill. I've played with both humans and trolls, and as I recall, these two races actually can construct that building. I could be wrong...
Sawmills require that the city be within 2 squares of woods. That may have been your problem
Lupinedreams

Post by Lupinedreams »

Yes, a number of production enhancing facilities are dependant on the terrain around your city. I believe the first industry upgrade building, mining, requires you to have mountains nearby. To go up the naval tech tree you need to be near water - and there is a reason for doing this besides building boats if you're a decent tech race, you can eventually get a merchant's guild.

So yes, location really IS the most important part of real estate :)
MightyGrunt

Post by MightyGrunt »

I might have been unlucky then... Guess it makes sense to actually not be able to build a Miner's Guild without any mountains or build a lumber mill without any tree to work it. :lol: