Production suggestion

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
Lucern

Production suggestion

Post by Lucern »

I have a quick suggestion that I always wanted implemented in MoM. In MoM, it always bothered me that the most industrial city in your empire could still only produce one unit at a time, even if it had the production to crank out 5 halberdiers in a single turn. It would be great to have an option to have cities produce multiple units (if they have the production, and you have the food and resources) in a single turn.

I'm not sure if Implode has implemented a queue, but the production from the top item would carry over to the next, and to the next, etc, until all production has been used. This might change the role of lesser units later in the game, though the power of the top-tier units would not change this dramatically, depending on how many individuals per unit you've picked. It would be useful in quickly raising defenses (however shoddy) against neutrals and surprise attacks, as well as making it feasible to use low level units in large armies without sacrificing too much build time. After all, I can't see a city of 25,000 spending a month training one lousy squad of swordsmen. If a city that size is going to mobilize for war, I'd like to see them raising several squads in a month. Buying units by rushing production should negate the effect of this for a turn, since the wizard has paid lots of workers to hurry on a single unit. It wouldn't make much sense for the townspeople to move their production to the next item if they've been paid to rush on something else.

Incidentally, it may even be possible to set this up so that a certain building (like the Fighter's Guild) activates this unit production model, or even a Wizard retort. I say, of course, if you've got the production, build away!

Anyway, I appreciate the work that goes into this and understand that this kind of stuff, if it's going to be implemented, will be later, when we're basking in the glory of a fully moddable, online capable, all-wizards-in-one-game slugfest as good (and better) than the original. Keep it up!
Implode
Site Admin

Re: Production suggestion

Post by Implode »

Lucern wrote:I'm not sure if Implode has implemented a queue
Not yet but its certainly something I plan to do eventually. I kind of designed the building completion on the new turn messages scroll (City X has completed building Y and is now building Z) with this in mind - so if you've another building queued up, it'll be immediately obvious and you don't need to zoom to the city to see that they're already got something else useful to build queued up.

Implode.
klausbreuer

Re: Production suggestion

Post by klausbreuer »

Oooh, I agree. Being able to have a building queue would be great: would allow us to say "Build this, this, and this building, then create these creatures, and after this the following building".

Would save us a fair amount of time. :D