tried ver 8.7

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
Hammerhands

tried ver 8.7

Post by Hammerhands »

several issues I feel a need to post

1 the server utility if run in 640x480 mode does not display the
NEW GAME option

the install did not create an icon shortcut even after selecting repair
install option
if the client isnt run in 640x480 mode you get a send error report to microsoft on exit
if run in 640x480 mode you dont all of the screen (bottom is cut off)
and not by taskbar

Server does not report its IP on creation
choosing more than 1 Human Player does not allow for forcing game
launch if all expected players do not join
and lastly why is default game mode IMPOSSIBLE mode?
aggelon

Re: tried ver 8.7

Post by aggelon »

Hammerhands wrote:the install did not create an icon shortcut even after selecting repair install option
It's work perfectly at home :shock:
Implode
Site Admin

Re: tried ver 8.7

Post by Implode »

Hammerhands wrote:if run in 640x480 mode you dont all of the screen (bottom is cut off) and not by taskbar
That's to be expected - the client window is 640x480 large, so by the time you add on the borders around the window, taskbar, etc. its going to be larger than 640x480. It should still work fine if you hit alt-enter to go to fullscreen mode as soon as it starts up. But seriously... why are you still running in 640x480... that is just horrid :)
Hammerhands wrote:the server utility if run in 640x480 mode does not display the NEW GAME option
You're right - and I'd change this, however there's not much point because then you'll only find out that the New Game config form is also bigger than 640x480, and there's a LOT of info on there so I can't feasibly shrink it down. You need your desktop set to at least 800x600 to run the server, I've added this to the list of requirements now.
Hammerhands wrote:the install did not create an icon shortcut even after selecting repair install option
What do you mean? Did it create the shortcuts on the start menu, under Games? Do you mean you want it to create desktop icons?
Hammerhands wrote:if the client isnt run in 640x480 mode you get a send error report to microsoft on exit
You always get that when closing the client, regardless of resolution (and I also get them when closing the server). Just ignore the messages and close them. I'm well aware of them, but I'm sure you'd rather I spent time making the game playable rather than fixing a few dialog boxes that you can just click OK and get rid of.
Hammerhands wrote:Server does not report its IP on creation
You don't know your own IP address, or how to find it out? If running the server and client on the same PC, just enter 'localhost' (like the Client tells you to do). However, I do think you've got a valid point here, so I've done this, it'll be in 0.8.8 in a few days.
Hammerhands wrote:choosing more than 1 Human Player does not allow for forcing game launch if all expected players do not join
What would happen if you forced a launch? You want the missing players to be played by AI players, or just to play with less players?
Hammerhands wrote:why is default game mode IMPOSSIBLE mode?
Because no other difficulty level is remotely challenging? :)

Sorry it took me a while to reply, I've not checked the forum in more than a week, been concentrating on trying to get 0.8.8 finished.

Implode.