French language file

Discussions about creating additional language XML files to translate the MoM IME client into other languages
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

OK, I'm going to send you a partial translated file (with accents).

I do not yet check the file you send me. (see info about the official translation of nightshade).
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Ok got it, thanks :) I haven't looked at it yet though. Before I release 0.8.8, I'll try to do a merger of what I extracted from the LBX files and what you sent to me.

Thanks very much!

Implode.
aggelon

still translating...

Post by aggelon »

The translation of the 0.8.8 release is on work...

All is tranlated, with accents, but only 28/214 spells are translated... 186 left.

To be continued.

Have fun playing,
Agg.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Hey there, I'd been wondering how you were getting on, hadn't heard from you in a little while :)

I've added quite a bit more into the language files in 0.8.9 (and still have more yet to add) so when you're done as much as you want to on the file you have, send it to me and I'll get them merged together and such. Or if I get to the point where I've got everything in the language file that's there will be for 0.8.9, then I'll let you know and we can get them merged together then.

Progress on 0.8.9 was initially like lightning but has slowed up drastically now... because now I'm working on the complicated parts (namely casting spells in combat!) and I keep thinking of more things I need to include in it, but I'm determined for the game to basically be working in 0.8.9 so for 0.9.0 I can concentrate on human/human combat without having to worry about any background stuff!

Thanks for your efforts on the french version :)

Implode.
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

He-he so good news :D

OK, I'm still working on it (42/214... still growing ;)) but others translators ask for me free time too, on others projects... :D

I'll let you know the progress and the finish :)

See you later,
Aggelon.
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

Spell SP064, is it really 15 additionnal units of mana ?

French release says 5 instead.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

You're right, I checked the all-knowing strategy guide and it says 5 not 15 - its an error in the English LBXes.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

Implode.
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

At this time, 141/214 spells translated... still growing...

c u,
agg.
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

167/214 now...
aggelon

0.8.8 fully translated

Post by aggelon »

Hi all !

The release 0.8.8 of MoM IME is now fully translated in french.

You can test it by downloading the file at http://aggelonware.free.fr/mom/ime/Fran ... nguage.zip
and by unzipping it into C:\Program Files\Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition\Client\Languages

Very few tests were done, so comments, suggestions and critics are welcome !!!

Have fun playing,
Aggelon.
Implode
Site Admin

Re: 0.8.8 fully translated

Post by Implode »

aggelon wrote:The release 0.8.8 of MoM IME is now fully translated in french.
Fantastic :) I haven't looked at it yet, but I will as soon as I get the change I'm currently doing for 0.8.9 done. When I have the English XML file finished for 0.8.9 I'll get the editors uploaded and see what we need to do to get the new 0.8.9 entries added into the French file.

I've been making really good progress on 0.8.9 again recently, but still a bit of a way to go.

Thanks for your work on this and your continued interest :)

Implode.
Implode
Site Admin

Re: 0.8.8 fully translated

Post by Implode »

aggelon wrote:The release 0.8.8 of MoM IME is now fully translated in french.
Aggelon,

I had a look at your French XML file last night, that's some amount of work you put into that! Thanks!

I've not actually tested it within the game... maybe the accents will make some screen or other crash, but if they do then I'll get that fixed.

I've changed your file to the 0.8.9 format (the only actual structural change is where the unit experience names like Recruit, Regular, Veteran, Champion etc. are stored) and added in all the new 0.8.9 entries, 99% in English of course but where various spell effects have the same names as the spells, I did manage to copy & paste the French names properly :)

It would be great if you could get these fixed up in time for me to include with the main 0.8.9 release in a few weeks! I've uploaded the 0.8.9 editors here and the new XML files here.

This includes the new server XML file (technically you don't need this but it makes all the referenced names appear correctly), your French XML file with the new entries added, and the new English XML file for your reference.

If you copy the new server XML file over your 0.8.8, you won't be able to play 0.8.8 anymore. If you copy only the two new language files, 0.8.8 should still play (except that unit experience names won't display correctly).

The new entries are (so you don't have to search the whole file looking for them):
  • Language Text Categories - New menu item - mostly contains the text for various titles/buttons from the starting menus, but also some things to do with spell targetting and some complicated entries to do with showing unit damage in combat (ask me if you can't make any sense of how these work... in fact they actually don't work yet, that's the change I'm doing right now but I put them into the XML file first so I could get this all sent to you!)
    Cities & Races - Production Types - new production types RE11 & RE12
    Cities & Races - City Spell Effects - 4 new ones (near the end of the list)
    Magic - Combat Area Effects - 20 new ones
    Wizards - New entry for 'Rampaging Monsters'
    Units - Unit Attributes - 1 new one
    Units - Unit Skills - a few new ones at the end of the list (those with SC codes), plus US122
    Units - Unit Magic Realm/Lifeform Types - New menu item
    Magic - Spell book sections - 3 new entries, plus a new field (Targetting prompt) for some of the existing entries
Let me know if you think you'll get a chance to do this :)

Implode.
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

Hi :D

OK, I'm going to have a look...

I think I will able to translate the new updates at time.

I'm going say you soon.

I have to go now,
Thx for your production, it's a real pleasure to play MoM IME !!!
Have fun playing,
Aggelon.
aggelon

0.8.9 french translation completed

Post by aggelon »

Hi Implode,
Hi all everybody,

OK, this is the first Release Candidate for the 0.8.9 fully translation : http://aggelonware.free.fr/mom/ime/RC1- ... nguage.zip

Simply unzip within the C:\Program Files\Master of Magic - Implode's Multiplayer Edition\Client\Languages directory and the next timen the game will detect it (Change Language).

None of test were made, cause I've install the 0.8.9 game... maybe some tests in the next days if I can "grap the time" to uninstall/reinstall the 0.8.8 one.

Hoping I'm coming at time for the release date,
Thx again Implode for your product,
Enjoy,
Aggelon.
aggelon

Post by aggelon »

Hi Implode :D

Congratulations for all your works !!!

Do you start from RC1 of 0.8.9 french language file for the 0.9.0 ?

There's still some bugs I fixed with my RC1 :shock:

I'm going to have a look for that.

See u,
Agg.