Problems for Vista Users

Anything else to do with MoM IME
AussieKSU

Problems for Vista Users

Post by AussieKSU »

Not that there are any specific platform issues here, but some people may be experiencing problems with the lbx file and all the silly permissions vista has to protect it from itself.

If you are using a vista platform and are having trouble getting the client to run (ie. you have linked the lbx file, but still have error messages) try this:

Ensure that your security options assigned to the MomIME....KeySetter.exe are set so that the application has full control.

This worked for me, but if you are still finding errors, feel free to post on this thread.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Also not that anyone has ever complained about it, but I expect the editors have real problems on Vista because the storage location of the XML files being edited is still under \Program files. And perhaps the debug versions too, because they try to create the .log files in the same folder as the EXE.

Unfortunately I don't really have access to a PC with Vista on it to try all this out on, nor do I have any bright ideas for solutions for half of it yet. But I do think the game itself should work without any problem since that isn't modifying/creating any files.
BcDruid

Re: Problems for Vista Users

Post by BcDruid »

I'm currently running Vista Ultimate and I've not had any problem with your server or client. By the way, I truly commend your hard work and effort that's gone into this project so far. I hope you keep with it!
Lucern

Post by Lucern »

I'm running Vista and messing around in the editors just fine. If you run into any problems, try to run MoM IME or their editors as an administrator.
iceViper

Post by iceViper »

Vista 64-bit
The Client crashes at any attempt to connect to server.
The server seems to have no issues.

Permissions are not the issue, as the app has full access to it's own folder, and is run as administrator.
Darkpriest667

Post by Darkpriest667 »

couple of suggestions..

low level format your hard drive.. install xp 32 on it problem solved...

dont ever put vista on a computer you own again

and just Fyi none of the good dos games will run on 64 bit XP or Vista.. so dont even try.

Again stay away from vista.. its like radiation.. it sucks and it makes your life miserable.. Wait for windows 7