Button Options suggestion

Place to report bugs in MoM IME and suggest ideas for enhancements (please read rules before posting)
saxxonpike

Button Options suggestion

Post by saxxonpike »

For buttons you left-click on to increment the value, think you could make it so right-clicking decreases this value? For example, human player count, etc.
Implode
Site Admin

Post by Implode »

Right clicking those buttons in the original MoM gives you help text on them and I'm trying to stick as much as I can to the original. Now I realise getting help text which says "This sets the number of human players in the game" (duh!) isn't overly useful because that's pretty obvious from it being called "Human player count", and right clicking to decrease these is a nice idea, so how about for the Human/AI player count buttons I make right click decrease the value, but for all the other buttons leave right click as help text?
saxxonpike

Post by saxxonpike »

Ah yeah, never thought about it that way. You could always make it a slider instead, then.

Speaking of sliders... the way you've implemented them in the options menu for sound/music level (which seems to have no effect right now, by the way) and the ones in the Magic menu is very odd. They don't really "slide" at all. The slider in the options menu can't be dragged. And the sliders in the Magic menu can't be set with a single mouse click as they could in the original MoM.

Also, and I know this is out of place but I don't want to clutter the forum up with new posts for each item... but I'd really, really like to be able to right-click to move the view around while playing. Window-edge scrolling is pretty slow, at least for me - perhaps an option to change that speed would make it more comfortable. Also, moving units is slow as well. Granted the speed of that in the original game was determined by your processor. Maybe I'm just a fast-paced player :)

While viewing the overland map, if you have units in the a they are still visible on the map. Is this intentional? The original just hid them. Maybe for a nice compromise, just hide the ones set on Patrol, I think.

I spent quite a bit of time looking for the Info menu. I think for such an important menu, it's relatively small. (yeah there are shortcuts, but I don't use them)

I'm picky about smooth interfaces :) Thanks for the quick response though. I appreciate all you've done so far.