Current state of MoM IME

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Worsas

Re: Current state of MoM IME

Post by Worsas »

Quite nasty bots around here...

What's the state of your project now? It looks damn abandoned.
I still hope for a continuing of this, although it looks like it won't happen.
Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Post by Tino Didriksen »

We'd all love to know that...

Tried to get in contact with Implode, to no avail.
Lucern

Post by Lucern »

This is getting disconcerting. At the least, Implode was serious when he said that whatever he's up to in his free time, he goes in all the way. All things considered, this project is already well past the points that most MoM remakes stumble on (random maps, taking on graphics remakes, etc). I just wish that it would be developed a few steps further in ways that the willing and able can effectively move it forward together. The project's goals would seem to guide any group effort just fine: Multiplayer, Modular, MoM.

Four M's, we'd call it :)
Decanter

Post by Decanter »

I am willing to wait 40 years or more for this. As long as it happens eventually. Long Live Implode!!
It doesn't really matter to me how long it takes to make as long as it is made eventually... It is comforting to think that however much time passes there will never be another game like MOM. I had some hopes for Majesty 2, but it looks like it will not stack up either. :oops:

Thanks for everything Implode! :lol:
RDarkfire

Post by RDarkfire »

Time to revive this thread, IMO...

What's up, Implode? :-)

Just make another thread like this one, or keep this thread going. That would be nice :-)

Have a good one.
Virm

Post by Virm »

Project update:

Due to factors in Implode's life presently diverting him from this project, I have been granted temporary admin status upon the board to help keep the bots at bay. As Implode finds time, he will also be granting me limited access to his codebase to help with the transition to Java. I would like to stress that this is the ONLY thing I will be doing at this time. I am NOT taking over the project, nor am I in a position to extend privileges to the board or codebase to others. If the port to Java is completed to Implode's satisfaction before he fully returns to the project, I will CONSIDER offering to continue work in his name, but this will be entirely Implode's decision and I will follow his orders to the letter.
Lucern

Post by Lucern »

Good man Virm. Good man... Thanks for the update and the work you're doing.
RDarkfire

Post by RDarkfire »

A+ at this notification

However, F- because I would LOVE to get a hold of that codebase, I love & miss java so much! :D

Let the community know if you need any help.

Cheers...
-B.
LordLydon

Post by LordLydon »

What a pleasant surprise to see this board cleaned up FINALLY!! GREAT work already Virm and I hope you keep it up with your help on the transition to Java!
Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Post by Tino Didriksen »

Virm wrote:I have been granted temporary admin status upon the board to help keep the bots at bay.
Do you have access to modify the board files themselves? 'cause then we could get some proactive spam protection installed (Akismet).
Virm

Post by Virm »

I don't believe so. I haven't seen file-level access available through the interface. As it is, I'm finally getting the hang of some of the available tools for killing off the bots, so they should be less prolific for a while.
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

W00t!!!

In Virm we trust
Singularity

Post by Singularity »

Thanks to the gods! :D I already gave up and considered this another MoM dead project. There's still hope!

Back to translation work.
Worsas

Post by Worsas »

Atlhough it looks more than dead here, I'm still hoping for a revival of this undertaking. :)

I have once more played Master of Magic and the fact that i wont be able to play it muliplayer and without the flexible settings of Master of Magic - Multiplayer is a little frustrating. I'm not disappointed however. It already seemed to go this way a while ago and seeing that you dont get paid for this...
Ole' Swifty

Post by Ole' Swifty »

Hey there, I feel as though we are in a post apocalyptic world where this is the only chat room left.

You Worsas did well to come here.

We must somehow keep this place alive.

Someway Master of magic multi-player needs to come into true light.

When that day comes, our mugs will overfill and a great lan party will be had.

A man can dream.