Please Help. Cannot Run Client.

Anything else to do with MoM IME
alexander

Please Help. Cannot Run Client.

Post by alexander »

Hello folks, first of all, i have played Masters of Magic when it came out, and a few months ago rediscovered it. A few days ago i found this multiplayer edition (great work Implode thank you!). Now being a complete computer newbie i am stuck on the Client. The steps i took were :
1) i downloaded zip file of *Implode's Multiplayer Edition V0.9.3.1 to C: / dosgames / magick / Master_of_magic
2) unzipped it

So my dosgames/magick folder looks like : in Magick folder it has all LBX files, a few Install , Wizards.Exe, Pkunzjr.com, FatCats.

Within the Magick folder is another folder called Master_of_Magic which contains Client / Common / Server folders and a few FAT files.

Now i was reading the installation instructions and pretty much clueless how to run the*Set location of original Master of Magic 1.31 LBX files* option added to my start menu. I guess thats why i cannot run the client :) Please enlighten this newbie so he can play against you guys on Multiplayer mode :).

By the way, this doesnt use DosBox does it?
Lucern

Re: Please Help. Cannot Run Client.

Post by Lucern »

Hey alexander,

An olde-school quirk of this game is that it's under Games in the start menu, with all of the rest of the game-like programs that come with Windows, like solitaire and mine-sweeper lol. Go to that, and you'll see the option to set the location of master of magic (you'll browse to the general folder, and, if I remember correctly, either select the folder or one of the files in the folder). Then open up the server, and then the client, and you should see the current state of the game.
alexander

Re: Please Help. Cannot Run Client.

Post by alexander »

Thanx. fixed and can play now :)