Fire wall + immolation + firebreathing ?

Anything else to do with the original Master of Magic
Iluvalar

Fire wall + immolation + firebreathing ?

Post by Iluvalar »

Does someone know how those 3 effects add on each other ?
I'm playing a game in wich Tauron cought me with fire wall + immolation combo. His pike man one-shoted killed my ultra-elite war troll. So I'm wondering maybe the two firepower add on the same roll ? So let's say the 4 strenght firewall get trought the magic resistance of each unit and the the 5 strenght immolation hit instantly each figures. Something like that. In fact,it's pretty good...

So I've started a quick all red game. And I've cast fire-wall + immolation and choaschannel (firebreathing) on one spearman. And I just hit "next turn" to see how far I would get. He finally died but I've made another one. With barely no interaction at all I've survived until 1435. I've even managed to cast armageddon. It took a invulnerable griffin to take me down. I could have doombolt him but I did'nt even tryed... Anyway, does someone know how this spell interact over each other exactly ?
Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Re: Fire wall + immolation + firebreathing ?

Post by Tino Didriksen »

Wall of Fire is a strength 5 fireball attack.
Immolation is a strength 4 fireball attack.
Chaos Channels is a strength 2 fiery breath attack.

When defending, the Wall of Fire and Immolation hit before normal attacks, against the full shields of the attacking unit.
When attacking, Immolation and fiery breath hit before normal attacks, also against full shields.

So that is a potentially very strong melee defense...
Iluvalar

Post by Iluvalar »

My question was more :
is it 4 against full shield then 5 against full shield
or 9 against full shield (wich is much better)
Tino Didriksen
Site Admin

Post by Tino Didriksen »

Hm, re-reading the part of melee combat, seems I wasn't quite right...Wall of Fire and Immolation hits at the same time as normal attacks. Only the fiery breath hits before normal attacks.

It doesn't say whether the effect of the fireballs is additive or not, though, or I can't find the place...looked under Wall of Fire (both global and in-combat version), Melee combat, Immolation, and Fireball itself. It does say that a fireball effect hits every unit individually at full force, so even if it's 4 then 5 that's still considerable power.
Aureus

Post by Aureus »

Just another reason why chaos channels shouldn't be in the game. Oh wait, it isn't .. ;)