I will pay $100 bucks to those involved.

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Ole' Swifty

I will pay $100 bucks to those involved.

Post by Ole' Swifty »

$100 bucks if someone finishes a functioning simple to use master of magic with multiplayer.

The price is negotiable.

This is not just for my own selfish wants, because I know so many more out there would be very very happy for a project like this to be finished.

I have donated in the past to worthy works ($100 to Pirates Vikings and Knights 2) so I guess that is worth a little credibility.
elliott20

Re: I will pay $100 bucks to those involved.

Post by elliott20 »

I think the issue here is not so much a matter of money, but a matter of time. Most of us, despite being enthusiasts, just don't have the know how or the time to dedicate to this kind of project.
RockOrSomething

Post by RockOrSomething »

It's going to take at least two zeros added to that, but this is an easy target given the nascent market for the game. Once I get a feel for the status of this project and the feasibility for return on investment, raising the capital will take a few weeks at most.
Lupinedreams

Post by Lupinedreams »

I don't think you'd actually be able to do a kickstarter for this - I'm pretty sure a game company somewhere actually does still own the rights to the game, don't they? A fan project is one thing, but taking money for it would mean you're making a profit from someone else's property.

That being said I would pay out the nose for a good multiplayer MoM.

Oh god, I even preordered a collector edition of elemental in my sheer desperation back before it came out. Granted, I didn't know then how terrible it would be.
elliott20

Post by elliott20 »

actually, the very act of making this game can already be cause for some cease and desists letters to fly. the only reason that is not happening is because Microprose is currently owned by Cybergun Group, which is a manufacturer of airsoft guns.

This particular IP is probably in lockup though.

Having said that, a project that is trying to tap into the master of magic crowd already exists. Wasteland Interactive has already created a kickstarter campaign called World of Magic, with one of the Masters of Orion / Master of Magic veterans joining the team.