This is what happens when you interpret things too literally

Anything else to do with MoM IME
Implode
Site Admin

This is what happens when you interpret things too literally

Post by Implode »

So I was writing all the code in the Java port around the movement rate rules and deciding where units are allowed to move to. I'm writing thorough unit tests everwhere possible, so put in some tests for the movement rules and tried to come up with some obscure scenarios. Path Finding says this:

"Pathfinding allows the unit and all stacked with it to move across any land square at the cost of ½ movement point, as if they were on a road."

So I tried putting a unit with Path Finding (like a ranger) stacked with a boat. It did exactly to the letter of what the path finding skill said, the boat was then able to cross any land square at cost of ½ movement point, because it was stacked with the Ranger, lol :D Nowhere in the skill description does it say anything about "as long as the unit could walk on land before" lol :D

I actually tested it in the original MoM just to see. I cast path finding on a boat and nope, it can't then walk on land. But flight/wind walking does allow boats to cross land and use enchanted road. I also tried chaos channels... I built a *lot* of boats and chaos channeled them, but seems boats only get fire breath or demon skin, and can't sprout little chaos wings on the side of their hull. Awwww.. lol

Anyway have fixed it now, I think I should reword the skill to

"Pathfinding allows the unit and other land units stacked with it to move across any land square at the cost of ½ movement point, as if they were on a road."