Spell not working, a choice ?

Anything else to do with MoM IME
XmattZ

Spell not working, a choice ?

Post by XmattZ »

I don't get the point, the game looks very well, I tested few minutes and it is working fine but most (all ?) of the unit spell are not working. As the heart of this game is magic and unit, I don't understand why the main focus is not on implementing all spells rather than coding other feature. Or maybe I am missing something ?

Matt
Lucern

Re: Spell not working, a choice ?

Post by Lucern »

The game is rather incomplete in a lot of areas. Example: AI wizards will not attack you. The list of things 'to do' on the main page is ample enough to make this not quite ready for playtesting.
XmattZ

Post by XmattZ »

Well if I want to play against AI, I will play the original game. I believe that the goal of this release is multiplayer, and this part looks ok. Having unit skill and spell ready wouldn't make it ready for test in multiplayer human game ?
Lucern

Post by Lucern »

I agree - I bet it would. I wouldn't underestimate the appeal of MoM IME's other features though, which is what I'm much more interested in. In practical terms, there are so few of us around that AI players might make playtesting much more feasible, but I too would rather have functional magic and skills before that. What would there be to test, really, without those?

For what it's worth, real life seems to have struck the creator of the project, which was in the process of being ported to Java. Code priority has thus taken a backseat.